Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of last Friday I became the proud owner of a mint condition 987 Black Edition - this is a special little car and the R engine map makes a nice difference

She has an impeccable service history, only done 35k miles and over the last 12 months has

- 4 new tyres
- Miltek exhaust with black ceramic tips
- full wheel refurb and paint correction/protection by Porsche

So no expense spared

Only done a few hundred miles but very happy with my purchase

My one and only job was to replace all the nasty yellow interior and number plate lights which i did a few days back - makes an amazing difference

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Very nice. I think the Black Edition is the most desirable 987.2 variant for a DD. If you're tracking regularly, the R would be more suitable. Both the BE and the R hold their value well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No plans to track on a regular basis but I am very happy with my find

Took nearly 6 months to locate and purchase

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am keeping a registry of BE owners (I am one as well) and I saw this one for sale in Ascot. Glad it found a good home! From all I am seeing about the 2012 (2011 in EU) Black Edition, I highly doubt they sold all 500 units of it whereas only 1700 or so Caymans were sold world-wide. (462 in US, 92 in Canada, 935 EU and undetermined ROW).

His: 2012 Cayman BE #441
Hers: 2007 Cayman Base (for Sale)

·
Incurable Gearhead
962 Posts
Such a nice find!
:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One week in and loving it - unfortunately I found it a bit early so my garage isn’t ready and the house is a building site which means it’s under a cover for now

I’ll probably have to polish out any rub marks but can live with that once I can store it away safely in a few weeks

·
Registered
2 Posts
One week in and loving it - unfortunately I found it a bit early so my garage isn’t ready and the house is a building site which means it’s under a cover for now

I’ll probably have to polish out any rub marks but can live with that once I can store it away safely in a few weeks
Wow, very nice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having some renovations done so the little lady has a new house

Once everything it complete I will put the garage tiles down on the floor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am keeping a registry of BE owners (I am one as well) and I saw this one for sale in Ascot. Glad it found a good home! From all I am seeing about the 2012 (2011 in EU) Black Edition, I highly doubt they sold all 500 units of it whereas only 1700 or so Caymans were sold world-wide. (462 in US, 92 in Canada, 935 EU and undetermined ROW).

hi, I own a 2012 987.2 BE cayman. 24000 km only. Car no is 497/500. Car is in Cyprus and I will be selling it soon cause I am never using it

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
95 Posts
As of last Friday I became the proud owner of a mint condition 987 Black Edition - this is a special little car and the R engine map makes a nice difference

She has an impeccable service history, only done 35k miles and over the last 12 months has

• 4 new tyres
  • Miltek exhaust with black ceramic tips
  • full wheel refurb and paint correction/protection by Porsche
So no expense spared

Only done a few hundred miles but very happy with my purchase

My one and only job was to replace all the nasty yellow interior and number plate lights which i did a few days back - makes an amazing difference

Are the rear tail lights on a BE different compadres to our non Black Edition ones? Thanks and wonderful pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts