Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I removed my sun visors. In order to not have unsightly open spots, I had to dremel off the actual sunvisors from the parts where they attached to the car.
My dremel skills ain't great. :)
I've looked online for "blanks" (I've bought them for previous convertibles in the past that I removed the visors) for the 987.2.....but nada.
Anyone ever looked for/found these?
TIA
Marcelo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These two pieces are connected to the car - both have metal parts that needed to dremeled (is that a word) off.
I can post pictures of the post-op look - ie. what's currently in the car....

Peripheral Product Input device Automotive design Gadget

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
I'd like to see the after pics... and am curious why you would do this. I use mine all the time, and would really miss them if I took them off. BTW - the photo you're showing doesn't look like my 987.2 visors.. just sayin'.. different mounts, different mirror compartment (oval)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to see the after pics... and am curious why you would do this. I use mine all the time, and would really miss them if I took them off. BTW - the photo you're showing doesn't look like my 987.2 visors.. just sayin'.. different mounts, different mirror compartment (oval)
I took a stock picture from Suncoast - of what they have listed as the 987.2 visors. It's probably generic.......
I'll post pics from my car on Thursday.

I'm a bit taller, and in all of the 7 convertibles I've had, I found the visors to get in the way of my sight line, even when they are "up"......so, to each his/her own! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are pics from my car. Pretty crude (and yes offensive) as it was done in a rush. I can always just take them off and make the cuts cleaner with my AWESOME dremel skills.....then touch up the raw metal areas in black.
I'd prefer to buy parts that fit in there (like the blanks shown above by @Trainmasta).....but not sure they exist!

Furniture Automotive lighting Light Product Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts