Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've genuinely searched and asked on other forums as well but couldn't find/received any answer so I'm trying my luck on here and these are the questions:

1) I've heard that when installing 996 GT3 LCAs the on the 987 the RIGHT one goes to the left and the LEFT goes to the right to preserve the right caster angle. Is this correct?

2) The GT3 LCA come with 2 asymmetric holes for the caster so which one is the correct one please? the middle one or the offset one?

3) At the rear can I use the same front LCAs set again? Or are there different LCAs with different part numbers?

4) I've decided to go for the Tarett sway bars front and rear, can I keep my stock drop links or do I need get adjustable drop links in order for them to work and why?

Thanks in advance for any reply and please stay safe!

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
The control arms fit the same sides on the Cayman as the GT3 AFAIK. They are different part numbers (Left/Right), BUT will install on the wrong side (ask me know I know). The holes/slot allow you to adjust the alignment, so the control arm can move out as you add shims for camber. I cant recall the the orientation from when I did mine. But its easy to hold the control arm up in the position it will go and then imagine how adding shims would move the arms out.

Important note, you should not final tighten any of the bolts that have a rubber bushing until the suspension is fully loaded. Otherwise, the bushings will be under tension at all times and cause early failure. I had to put my car's wheels on wooden blocks so I could reach the bolts to final tighten them.

The control arms are the same part number front and rear, per side. Unless you expect to throw some serious camber in the rear, you dont really need them. If your building a track car only, sure go for the rears also.

I street/track my 987.2 and left the factory drop links, I installed a set of Cayman R springs on Bilstin B6's so not a lot of drop in the suspension. If you have coilovers and drop the ride hight a lot the adjustble links allow you to dial out bump steer. This happnes when you hit a bump and it causes the steering wheel to jerk due to the shorter suspension geometry.

Cheers, K

Reactions: Alcoholitalic987
1 - 3 of 3 Posts