Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set out to do a throttlebody clean on my 2011 987.2 Cayman base model and to get it off looks like major. surgery. Am I missing something?. The 987.1 looks easy, thought that is what I’d find.….um no. Any one do this service - can’t seem to find any DIY videos or articles on the web

·
Registered
'11 Cayenne TT, '09 Boxster
593 Posts
Why would your throttle body need cleaning? Inquiring minds want to know..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good question . I had an erratic idle while idling. Read where that could be a cause. I also read coil packs . So I endeavored to do both at the same time. The packs went in easily, no so much for the TB cleaning idea. I was able to spray cleaner into the end where I removed the rubber intake hose but , from what I could tell it looked pretty clean. In any respect that and the new coil packs ( which one or both) cured my idle issue . All is good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last year I decided to go through and fix some of the issues my 987.2 2.9L had along with a PDK and gear oil change. I found the plastic tube running from the AOS was cracked and jumped into changing that, problem was that the intake would have to be taken off. It was such a pain that I even had to take the alternator off to get to one of the connections. It really is a bad design compared to the 987.1 from what I can tell. I had a 114k miles on the car at the time and the mass air flow didn't look bad at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts