Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know there are a few threads out there but I cannot find any info on gen 2 987. I'd like to get rid of the yellow fog light look to go white to go with the LED strip but does anybody know the best way to do this? will new bulbs do the job or does it require HIDs? any advice appreciated!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Hi all, I know there are a few threads out there but I cannot find any info on gen 2 987. I'd like to get rid of the yellow fog light look to go white to go with the LED strip but does anybody know the best way to do this? will new bulbs do the job or does it require HIDs? any advice appreciated!
I might be mistaken, but don't all gen2's come with LED drl? If not could I trouble you for a picture of these fogs?

To answer your question in general terms: there are blue tinted bulbs that will give you xenon look, but at the cost of light output. Which is often why people opt for HID-kits. I am not too fond of this option though as it most likely will blind oncoming traffic, and due to the size and beam pattern of the Xenon bulb it will not give you the most visible light either. LED-bulbs are probably your best bet, and you won't have to bother with ballasts etc either iirc.

edit: or better yet - get the OEM led kit from somewhere. that is what I would do! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cayman.jpg not my car but you can see yellow foh light white LED looks ridiculous, not seen an OEM LED kit will have a look thanks!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
View attachment 63626 not my car but you can see yellow foh light white LED looks ridiculous, not seen an OEM LED kit will have a look thanks!
Thanks for the pic, seems really wierd to have it like that. :/

Anyways the part numbers are 987.631.045.01 / 987.631.046.01 (Right/Left). I think there are a couple on Ebay, Porsche should carry them as well as suncoast etc. I have no idea if they are just plugnplay but it should be far from an impossible retrofit. :)

Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts