Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
You might really consider getting the "Sport" wheel - 991 wheels fit and are plug and play - with the real paddles. As you found, it's way too easy to accidentally shift with the thumb rockers the stock wheel has, and it actually takes a bit of time and effort to depress the things when you want to shift. The paddles you simply slap from the back with your fingers - it's much more intuitive motion and makes it more likely you'll actually shift manually. Plus it looks better. Did mine about a month ago - a used wheel from someone on Rennlist - cost less than $500 and worth every penny.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds good! How did the installation go?
Doing it slowly - 30 minutes max. You do need a set to triple-square drivers to remove the center bolt. And there is a trick to aligning the airbag/horn wiring so the installation of the airbag doesn't bind. There are any number of threads about installing one - none have my hint. Check with me when you get a wheel. The airbag from your current wheel will fit and work just fine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
James, I liked your video. I have a 2010 Cayman with PDK and its a treat to drive on the track and on the street :)
If you are interested in a Sport wheel, I have a black one for sale, its exactly like the one in Don's photo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts