Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering a Boxster/Boxster S, but one issue.

I go shooting at least once a month, and I really don't want to have to take my race car (Corvette) to the range if I can help it. That car can easily fit a ton of range gear. If it could fit 2-3 trap-sized shotguns and a range bag comfortably, that'd be perfect.

What about the Boxster/Boxster S? I know the Cayman can, but I'm hoping for a 'vert if I decide to invest in another sports car.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thread - the photo of the sideways golf bag makes me hopeful.

I doubt many CA dealers would be interested in me bringing my trap-shooting gun to the test-drive. (it's long, factory rated at 48"OAL)

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Get a Cayman, my Beretta and 1100 Trap fit easily under the back hatch.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
an M1919A6 fits

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
Recognizing that the OP is Boxster specific, of course...

I have hauled six, soft cased rifles in the back of my Cayman. Cross ways, between the "hips" of the car. Completely in the very back. I was a amazed. Usually I am in more of an SUV state of mind when I head out to go shooting, though.

When I was in high school I worked at a range part time helping with a handgun training school for women at the range I frequented. It had to be the original Cougar Town. Oh the stories... LOL. Anyway, I remember a guy who drove a new Corvette and had an AR-15 that he would bring to the range pretty regularly. I thought he had to be the coolest guy on the face of the Earth. ;-) My friends and I were strictly 10-22 and Marlin .22 guys at the time.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My Uzi and MP5 fit just fine:hilarious: Oh, that wasn't the question was it? All but the longest guns should fit without problem. My Moisen-Nagant is too long but otherwise they will go, just not all at once.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Guys, due to the somewhat sensitive nature of the topic at hand, let's try to stay on topic and not let this thread turn into a discussion about guns in general. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, due to the somewhat sensitive nature of the topic at hand, let's try to stay on topic and not let this thread turn into a discussion about guns in general. Thanks.
I'd like to clarify - I actually own one, and it'd be a good example for me as to whether or not it would work. If I can fit one of those horizontally into the trunk of a Boxster, it would fit everything else from my collection.

Sort of like comparing a driver and a 3W. (There are longer and shorter variants of the MN series, with M91/30 being second-longest in OAL.)

If this is too much, feel free to let me know.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
If this is too much, feel free to let me know.
No, you're fine. Thanks for clarifying.

I've seen other threads get locked/deleted here and on other forums because they went off-topic and turned into a political discussion. Don't want that to happen here.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Mine fit in the back of my Cayman, but might have a hard time in a Boxster front. Would probably fit ok in the passenger seat if it's empty.

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Am I missing something? Is it sensitive because the topic is firearms or because it might become political?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Am I missing something? Is it sensitive because the topic is firearms or because it might become political?
Both, actually.

All too often I've seen threads on guns slowly turn into long discussions/arguments on the legality of firearms (it usually starts with someone jumping in and saying something inflammatory), or people start posting tons of photos of the guns they own/want and discussing firearms in general (and thus the thread goes off-topic). None of that is acceptable here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Based on the topic heading, I was just relieved after reading the body of the thread that it was not a post related to a severe dealer customer satisfaction issue.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
don't know about a boxster, but my m4 style ar15 fits fine in my cayman (of course when the stock is fully collapsed, its only about 35").

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I don't know about the Boxster either, but this thread piqued my curiosity. I tried my longest rifle, with soft case, in the back of my Cayman, and it fits fine. It didn't fit anywhere but the passenger seat when I bought it due to the box it came in.

I'll resist being political, but golf clubs have caused their fair share of misery as well.

I guess the safest bet is to take a piece of wood along, the same dimensions as the weapon in question, when you are car shopping. The salesperson might be confused as to why you want to know if your 2x4 will fit in the back, but whatever.

Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know about the Boxster either, but this thread piqued my curiosity. I tried my longest rifle, with soft case, in the back of my Cayman, and it fits fine. It didn't fit anywhere but the passenger seat when I bought it due to the box it came in.

I'll resist being political, but golf clubs have caused their fair share of misery as well.

I guess the safest bet is to take a piece of wood along, the same dimensions as the weapon in question, when you are car shopping. The salesperson might be confused as to why you want to know if your 2x4 will fit in the back, but whatever.

Chuck
I'm going back and forth between taking a (empty) soft rifle case or just bringing some measuring tape.

I'm afraid I'll buy the car regardless of whether I can go to the range in it or not... and then I'll end up having to buy a range-vehicle. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts