Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just bought a 2005 boxster great machine i am having a few problems,the car is losing coolant almost as fast as i can fill it triggering the coolant level warning on the dash, every 50 mils of driving i need to stop and refil,it looks like its coming from the the rear right hand side wheel arch area or near the centry hard to tell with the undersheilds on.

I removed the cabin engine cover the waterpump looks clean with no signs of water leaking i also lifted the rear boot carpet to check for expansion tank leaks looks fine dry floor with no signs of leakage,

Are there any other common points of failure i should be looking at ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It could be a hose but I had to replace the coolant housing which is plastic. Google the housing to see what I mean. Its not an easy task to replace but can it can be done. You need to get the car up on ramps or axle stands to see. remember safety first. if it is the housing I can send a description to replace it..

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Someone on 986forum just had an issue with the purge valve cap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just had my 2005 BS rebuilt. One of the things the mechanic spotted as he was putting it back together was the coolant collection unit that goes between the engine and the cabin bulkhead. It's plastic and basically will crack after so many years of being heated and cooled.

That's another place to look. Like everything, it's not easy to get to but it's not an expensive component to replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.