Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that on driver side door the window rocker switches are recessed. They are supposed to be flush. The passenger door rocker switch is flush. This is weird. I recently shipped the car to Spain so am now wondering if someone tried to jimmy the window open or something.

Has anyone had this experience? And is it easy to get the window switches back in place? Both le and right are operable but they are obviously not seated flush anymore. While I am tempted to monkey with it I'm also reticent to make a bigger mess out of it.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I noticed that my switches are a little "sunken" as well - the one I use most - drivers side.
I've opened up the switch but can't seem to see why the switch is slightly recessed compared to rocker next to it or even the passenger side.

I wonder if there's a way to fix it or raise it back up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i solved it at least temporarily. What I did was sort of pull the switches up and out but especially up. Something sort of locked in place and they are back to being flush. So the cause of the recess I think was someone (well, me) probably pushing down on them both too hard.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
just a quick update - i did end up having to replace the power window switches due to them recessing into the door panel and the rockers started to misalign and get semi-stuck. opening and trying to repair the switch was a waste of time as its plastic and didn't contain any visible serviceable parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up having a shop fix this permanently for me, along with a bunch of other minor and annoying things. I'm finding increasingly that it bugs me to try to live with stuff like this, rather than swallow hard and pay for it to be fixed. The same thing occurred with the silly cup holders - I lived with a broken door for them for over a year, at which point I finally bit the bullet and bought a replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts