Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Great post. I am looking for an 2009+ Boxster S, so thanks much for putting together :)
Best of luck! 987.2 'S's are somewhat uncommon...when you find the right one, go for it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Best of luck! 987.2 'S's are somewhat uncommon...when you find the right one, go for it!
Yes, I am finding fewer 987.2's being offered for sale. I found one today in fact, that looks really nice (2010 Boxster S with 22K miles), but the owner is asking $38.9K for it, which based on my search so far is WAY above market. In fact, not even dealers are selling similar cars for that much - they are closer to $35-36K:
Cars for Sale: Used 2010 Porsche Boxster in S, Carson City NV: 89703 Details - Convertible - Autotrader

If I keep finding 987.2's priced this high, I might as well save a little more and go for a 981 instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very informative and helpful thread. I recently sold my Ferrari 328GTS, after five years of ownership, and appreciated its simplicity, particularly compared to my earlier owned '04 Maserati Spyder. I am considering a Cayman, preferably an 2009 or 2010. The ones for sale locally have PDK. I think I would prefer a stick shift 6 speed, assuming that it would be much more simple, reliable and less costly to maintain / repair (albeit shift cable issues for 987's is noted in this thread). My reluctance / concern about a PDK-type transmission comes from the Ferrari / Maserati community experience with early F-1 and "cambio corsa" transmissions. Any comments or advice? Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you have a 987.2S I would hold on to it for as long as possible, they are definitely trending upwards in value. Yesterday a 2010 CS with 42k sold for as much as my 11 CS did, mine had slightly less miles. However they are selling on a wholesale market for the same prices as they did a year ago. It's quite remarkable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very informative and helpful thread. I recently sold my Ferrari 328GTS, after five years of ownership, and appreciated its simplicity, particularly compared to my earlier owned '04 Maserati Spyder. I am considering a Cayman, preferably an 2009 or 2010. The ones for sale locally have PDK. I think I would prefer a stick shift 6 speed, assuming that it would be much more simple, reliable and less costly to maintain / repair (albeit shift cable issues for 987's is noted in this thread). My reluctance / concern about a PDK-type transmission comes from the Ferrari / Maserati community experience with early F-1 and "cambio corsa" transmissions. Any comments or advice? Thanks, Jon
I’ve driven a few different single clutch cars, and have been amazed how much smoother/better dual clutches are during everyday non-track driving. PDK is said by many to be the best of the bunch!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking to sell my adult owned (I'm 60yrs old) 2009 Boxster PDK base White w/ Marina Blue leather interior Vin #WPOCA29809U710679 very clean,well maintained,only driven in nice weather.
It has 52K miles,it will go up as I drive it in nice weather,the only mods I have done is dealer installed Sports Chrono and Fister exhaust and I have an extra stock exhaust as well.
I can assist in PPI of buyer's choice at buyer's expense..I've changed the engine oil every 5K miles,every little maintenance was done w/Porsche OEM parts.
I'm looking to get $22k or BO.I'm located in Northern New Jersey.My contact info is 201-741-7414 or [email protected]

Thank you
Paul

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm looking to sell my adult owned (I'm 60yrs old) 2009 Boxster PDK base White w/ Marina Blue leather interior Vin #WPOCA29809U710679 very clean,well maintained,only driven in nice weather.
It has 52K miles,it will go up as I drive it in nice weather,the only mods I have done is dealer installed Sports Chrono and Fister exhaust and I have an extra stock exhaust as well.
I can assist in PPI of buyer's choice at buyer's expense..I've changed the engine oil every 5K miles,every little maintenance was done w/Porsche OEM parts.
I'm looking to get $22k or BO.I'm located in Northern New Jersey.My contact info is 201-741-7414 or [email protected]

Thank you
Paul
Paul didn't note it - but I bought his car. It's now my car. It was in super condition. He was a pleasure to deal with, went out of his way to make sure I liked the car before we started bargaining (which consisted of 3 emails: an offer, a counter-offer, an acceptance.) Wish all people selling cars were this easy to deal with and helpful.

Wonderful car - great seller - having a ball making it "mine" (as you might notice in the "what did you do.." thread.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paul didn't note it - but I bought his car. It's now my car. It was in super condition. He was a pleasure to deal with, went out of his way to make sure I liked the car before we started bargaining (which consisted of 3 emails: an offer, a counter-offer, an acceptance.) Wish all people selling cars were this easy to deal with and helpful.

Wonderful car - great seller - having a ball making it "mine" (as you might notice in the "what did you do.." thread.)
Hi! I’m going to be in a similar position as you were: buying a 2009+ Cayman. I’m in no rush to buy. My plan is to buy from a private seller after having the car properly inspected. Firstly, I want to know what these cars are worth. I see some 2009-2010 examples priced around $30K with 30K miles. The 2012 models are priced around $45K with 18K miles. But those numbers don’t mean very much to me until I’m more well-informed

21 - 33 of 33 Posts