Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new owner of a 2008 Porsche CS and I been spending alot of time reading threads and articles on this site. One of the Mods I got interested with is the Clear Engine Cover. I have decided that i like Motor King version. But their site is down or I dont know if they are still in business. Now, If anybody here in this site have a new or used Motorking CEC that you are selling please let me know. PM me or send me an email at [email protected]
Thanks.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Hello, I am a new owner of a 2008 Porsche CS and I been spending alot of time reading threads and articles on this site. One of the Mods I got interested with is the Clear Engine Cover. I have decided that i like Motor King version. But their site is down or I dont know if they are still in business. Now, If anybody here in this site have a new or used Motorking CEC that you are selling please let me know. PM me or send me an email at [email protected]
Thanks.
I had one on my car and I think you mean strut king don't you? The new owner totaled the car but may be buying it back in which case he might have one for sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys and thanks for your replies. What i meant was Motordrive CEC. I'm hoping someone here has one for sale. I think the HIP CEC is really for aesthetics. It doesn't do a proper seal to the engine. For sure heat, sound, fumes goes to the interior carpeting and overtime will discolor the trims surrounding the engine. For the Strutking CEC, aside from the molded rubber/foam mold, does it has a rubber seal or weather strip on the mounting surface like the oem cover?

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Sorry guys and thanks for your replies. What i meant was Motordrive CEC. I'm hoping someone here has one for sale. I think the HIP CEC is really for aesthetics. It doesn't do a proper seal to the engine. For sure heat, sound, fumes goes to the interior carpeting and overtime will discolor the trims surrounding the engine. For the Strutking CEC, aside from the molded rubber/foam mold, does it has a rubber seal or weather strip on the mounting surface like the oem cover?
Strut king is fully sealed, the cast aluminum piece has a seal that completely seals off the engine like the original lid. Motordrive units are very very rare, I think only 25 or so were ever made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! But it seems like the inner edges of the carpet is not finished like the outer edge. If you dont mind can you post more pics of the carpet and without the carpet cover. Thanks.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Nice! But it seems like the inner edges of the carpet is not finished like the outer edge. If you dont mind can you post more pics of the carpet and without the carpet cover. Thanks.
My carpet was finished on both inside and outside edges with deviated yellow stitching but I did a custom carpet piece.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is my HIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
PCA Member
200 Posts
I choose the Strut King Clear Glass Cover, which is sealed and is quiet equal to O.E.M.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.