Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance.

Problem.
1. passenger door, the window does not go all the way up when closed. It's stuck in the down position, leaving a little crack, rather than moving up to seal the opening.
2. the door lights are constantly in the ON position (causing battery drain, and weak starts)
3. (Intermittent) Sometimes the driver's side window randomly goes up/down/up/down nonstop

What I've tried
1. I just pulled both the microswitches in the door handles for both driver and passenger side. And bought new original parts from porsche and installed them.
2. unplug the battery, wait and reconnect. - interestingly enough, when the battery is reconnected the window does go the 'closed' position when the door is open. But after putting the window down, and back up, same issue with it not going up to the closed position.

Not sure what else to try to fix this issue. The window regulators seems to be healthy, I'm having issues with driverside headlight flickering like crazy (likely do to poor connection) and passenger side one of the pins are damaged so i have to figure out that issue as well. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
There a way to program the windows. I think it's in the owners manual. I've done it but couldn't explain it without looking it up.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
usually needs to be done when swapping batteries...

Extracted from the 2010 manual....

"Storing end position of the windows
If the battery is disconnected and reconnected, the windows will not be raised automatically when the door is closed.
1. Close the windows with the rocker switch once.
2. Press the rocker switch upwards again to store the end position of the windows in the control unit."

·
Registered
76 Posts
On my car the passenger's window regulator was only just bad enough that there was a little slack in the drive cable, which resulted in the window not going all the way up. It also wouldn't move when the handle was pulled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my view, the first place I’d look for any fault.

One of the wires that connect the door to the body of the car is broken.

Think about it - every time you open and close the door these wires bend back and forth - over time they will break.

OR just have a look inside

plastic fasteners holding the window to the lift mechanism have broken.

May this help your problem.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
When was the battery last replaced. Failing batteries cause all sorts of odd electric issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the disconnected battery gets connected again, the window DOES go all the way up, so seems like it does have the range of motion. But then the computer or something clicks and it goes back down to the 'slightly down' state.

On my car the passenger's window regulator was only just bad enough that there was a little slack in the drive cable, which resulted in the window not going all the way up. It also wouldn't move when the handle was pulled.

View attachment 267571
So I did take the door panels off, and the interior panel, took off the handles and replaced the microswitch that connects to the handle. Not sure what other cables I should look for that attaches the door to the car? @
networkautobody.

The Battery is really weak now, and I have to jump it time to time. Replacing the battery is nice in line,

·
Registered
11 Posts
After reconnecting the battery push the window down button. Once the window is all the way down hold the button for additional 10 seconds, this resets the window and needs to be done for both sides. If that doesn’t fix you might need a new track or whatever it’s called inside the door that puts the window up/down. Mine wouldn’t go all the way up right before my cable broke in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts