Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I have a 2007 CS with 102K on it and running and shifting great with no issues, knock on wood. Post your mileage and any issues you have seen with higher mileage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not real high. 2008 Cayman Base with 86K. Runs like a new car. Had one issue where the plastic camshaft plug, right rear, blew out on the highway. Lost all but 3 qts of oil before I heard it and stopped. Somehow, the engine is fine 8K later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
2009 Cayman S 90,000 miles. No significant issues. This car spends as much time on the track as the road. Rock solid.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just hit 100,000 miles on my 2007 CS. Still daily driving it, still turning heads. Only issues have been air / oil separator and water pump in 100k miles. Pretty impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
06 with 179,000 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice. This is reassuring. Purchased my 07 Cayman S bone stock back in April at 77k done by two previous owners.

4 months in I just crossed 84k. Daily driver, no track days. Love the car so far.

LED refresh and threw a Remus cat back and 7/15 mm spacers on, and changed the steering wheel to a Alcantara Renown 130R w/ red stitching

New tires and coils soon.

·
Premium Member
2007 Cayman S Tiptronic Chrono,2014 Cayman S, PDK and bikes
31 Posts
2007 CS,150,000, just did oil change and the filter was clean. Oil pressure when hot at 3K rpm is 50psi, 20 at idle. no major issues. I installed a VDO oil pressure gauge where the chrono used to live, volt and engine oil temp above a single DIN radio are in the process right now. Tiptronic was rebuilt at 144K.That was a $6k expense that the dealer shouldered.
Don't know anything about 2 previous owners except the one of them bolted on useless faux aero and wing. That junk are gone. I replaced the air oil separator as a precaution and installed Pedro's smaller drive pulley and belt to slow the power steering pump down. De-snorked also.
I found the main connection between the + bat cable at the firewall to be slightly corroded. Voltage readings were at 12.5 and never higher. After cleaning the connection voltage is 13.5.
I am waiting for stainless steel components to come so i can build a cat back system. I hope to do before and after dyno as well as step by step on the build.
I smile every time I drive this car.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Anyone in the high mileage club not break the shifter cable?

Who has the highest miles on original shift cable? Who has replaced the shifter cable more than twice? Anyone?

Asked my dealer if I should change out shifter cable before it breaks. He said its not that common to break one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will cross over 94k on my 2009c base on the way home from work today. I bought the car at 83k back in December. I'll need brakes soon, and in the last few days my clutch has started to feel softer and is releasing pretty high so I may need to address that.

·
Registered
526 Posts
This is fantastic to hear. It's like I am in the Volvo forums!

My 2006 CS 3.4L just hit only 28,000! I have been crossing all of my fingers and toes that I won't see any of the dreaded failures. I have all of the parts to proactively swap out shifter cables for Numerics, AOS and MAF. Just need the downtime to install.

Happy to hear of such high mile specimens. Hope all keep running many more years.

·
Registered
381 Posts
106,000 km which is 66,000 miles. Just a couple of odd things happening. The other day the wife came home after travelling on the highway. She parked the car. I came out to wash it awhile later and the wing/spoiler was up. That's suppose to go down once the cars speed reduces or when it is off. I turned the power on and put it down. Second odd thing was it shows a warning for low washer fluid however it was just filled. Hopefully I'm not going to now have a car with electrical problems. My car is still under warranty so I'll take it in if these problems continue. Anybody else had these problems?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
This is awesome to hear on several levels. The cars are holding up well and there are people out there like me who are not afraid to put miles on their Porsches!

·
Registered
98 Posts
07 BS - 66,000 km, ( I am in Canada so the car sits for 5- 6 months every winter) Very dependable so far, besides replacing the plugs and coil packs, I have had to replace a battery, headlight bulb and tires as well I have had to repair the elastics on the top but that was a only a five minute job. My passenger window regulator is starting to go as the window slams a bit. Only visible wear is the rubbery covering on the centre console. Clutch and brakes still feel like new, paint and seating surfaces are awesome. Like most here I smile every time I get behind the wheel. Not bad for a ten year old car!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Tayls77 I've had to repair the elastics as well. So far I'm on the original battery but the second set of tires. Mine is parked late October until the snow clears so 5b months. The good thing about parking it I get a new car each spring at least that's how it feels. I fill the gas tank with a fuel preservative, trickle charger for the battery and pump up the tires to 55 PSI. My car appears like a brand new car. I love it. Too bad they spoiled the new one with the 4 cylinder engine, however, my S3 is a great engine. As an 8 year old car it feels new.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts