Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
137 Posts
Ordered it from the dealer so I should hope so! :)
OK that sounds good. I highly recommend you never use the aftermarket brand Uro Parts. If it doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the side then it's my opinion that you are going to have a bad time. My aftermarket AOS lasted one week before it broke.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
137 Posts
Im pretty sure i have stock aos and same for water pump for 100 000 miles or 165 000 km my garage said i dont need to change them i only need to "wait" for something broke because i will see it or symptoms..
I agree, I saw my oil level dropping at an accelerated rate, had a rough running engine, smoke out of the exhaust and cat errors. When I cracked my intake open, it was full of oil. Time to change the AOS when you see these signs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2006 Cayman S bought with about 108k miles. Got no history with the car, so a roll of the dice. Just did the clutch and flywheel, replaced two rear shocks, and have been driving it to work the last week or so. The car is at 110k miles now - and knock on wood - it runs great. Next will be tires!

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK that sounds good. I highly recommend you never use the aftermarket brand Uro Parts. If it doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the side then it's my opinion that you are going to have a bad time. My aftermarket AOS lasted one week before it broke.
changed the AOS earlier this week and yes, they did supply me a genuine part :) well priced at $85ish as well. Also cleaned the MAF and throttle body as well. Car does seem to perform better...could be in my head...

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 987.2
Bought at 92k
Original suspension in good shape
Replaced Coils/AOS/Oil/Filters/Tires/LED lights/battery
1 stuck spark plug addressing now

Had a few misfire cylinder 5 warnings on startup and low power mode after running perfectly
After forums and freakout I replaced the battery
Misfire warning gone, runs amazingly strong
I had read (and now experienced) that a weak battery can cause CPU mayhem to these fine machines.

Car is a beast... begs to be pushed just do the maintenance with OEM parts which really don't cost much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2011 base with 142,000 miles on it. The only options on the car are Dark Blue Metallic paint and PDK. I've wanted a 987.2 with PDK since they were released, but it was only recently they depreciated to the point where I considered buying one.

First thing I did was ensured the drains were clear. The car had a broken driver's door lock (the plastic "stem" inside of it snapped) and a flakey brake light switch. Replaced both of those right away with OEM parts. Doing the door lock was very fiddly. The key heads were in fairly rough shape, so I did the surgery to swap all of the bits into new heads.

It didn't come with much in the way of service records. The most recent owner did the brake rotors and pads and had the dealer do a full PDK service. I'll preventatively do the plugs/coils/belt, water pump, and AOS when I have time.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts