Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale are a nearly new set (only 2,500 miles) of Ohlins DFV coilovers for all 2005-2012 Boxster, Boxster S, Boxster Spyder, Cayman, Cayman S, Cayman R. I’m onto a new car and am selling the aftermarket parts from the 987.

The coilovers retail for $3K plus tax/shipping and are considered the best dual purpose coilover at the price point, with Ohlins’ renowned suspension engineered specifically for the 987 chassis.

You’ll find complete technical specs in the link below:

https://www.springrates.com/ohlins-road-track-coilovers-2006-2012-porsche-cayman-987/

Asking $2,400 picked up in the Bay Area, or plus shipping to buyer.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do they come with hat mounts ,are they ready to install or do you need parts of the old shocks to mount them

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
When installing these shock using your old top hats in the rear, take a careful look at the rubber bearing around the mount to assure there are no cracks. I broke my rubber bearing on the passenger side and now I need a new top hat. Not sure of the total cost, but with an alinement and cross corner balance, it will not be a cheap fix. I will have the opportunity to fine tune the suspension settings by lowering the rear slightly to get more traction out of the corners. I'm talking maybe 5 mm lower. Also, during this install, if you need adjustable GT3 LCA's now it the time to install these as well to take care of your camber needs.

Ohlin R&T coilovers seem to live up to their hype. The biggest question is the springrate (400 lb/in f and 450 lb/in r) what you need. If tracking your car, you might look for more springrate, If general sportcar feel, then these certainly fill the bill with their DFV technology.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great insight, Apex1.

I found the Ohlins spring rates well matched for street and autocross usage, but never did track work. The range of damping adjustment gave me good flexibility between the two. The rebound capabilities in particular stood out to me as a leap forward against the factory sport suspension, yielding better chassis dynamics and ride quality.

He’s also right that if you plan to add adjustable lower control arms, you save a lot on labor costs to do it all at once (or hassle if you’re enterprising do tackle it yourself). I just happen to have Elephant Racing front and rear adjustable control arms for sale, too! Please see my other listings. Together, it’s an incredible performance package.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wish you were around selling these items a year ago! I've got a very similar setup on my 987 now. GLWS, all super great quality parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't seem to find a way to PM you so can you try and PM me? I would like to talk about the shocks and other suspension bits you have for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts