Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new owner to a 2011 987.2 Cayman base. Currently have the 17" wheels on the car and I'm looking to upgrade to Titan7 TS5 wheels.

Can anyone confirm if Titan 7 TS5 wheels (18") spec will fit without any rub with a stock suspension set up? Fronts are 18x9" with a 46mm offset and rears are 18x10" with a 35mm offset. I'd be running probably 245/40's in the front with 275/40's in the rear (open to suggestions).

I'd like to do coilovers down the road but for now I'll be running stock (height, camber, etc.). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yep, fit great. Work well with Ohlin Coilovers and Tarett Cup LCA's.
DSC_0016.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Nice look and fit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just did a test fit on my new titanium set last week (2008 CS). Didn't see any wheel issues and expect to run the 245/275-40 setup as you described. BTW, the set has ball seats (not cones) and it does appear they should work with TPMS. I'll validate that fitment next week when the new sensors arrive. The wheels are really sweet, very light and exceptionally well packaged from the factory. No worries on shipment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, fit great. Work well with Ohlin Coilovers and Tarett Cup LCA's.
View attachment 267182
nice thanks, good looking set up there.

Just did a test fit on my new titanium set last week (2008 CS). Didn't see any wheel issues and expect to run the 245/275-40 setup as you described. BTW, the set has ball seats (not cones) and it does appear they should work with TPMS. I'll validate that fitment next week when the new sensors arrive. The wheels are really sweet, very light and exceptionally well packaged from the factory. No worries on shipment.
thanks, where did you end up getting the new lug bolts? And please do share an update for the TPMS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally got the TPMS installed with no issues (Huf RDE001 from TPMSDirect.com). Looks to match fine with the wheels (as expected). Lugs off of Amazon (black - 44mm with the current spacers 7/15 mm being used). 44mm length will still work fine with the new wheels, so two lug sets are not needed. 245/275 Tires ordered, should get here next week. GTechniq Wheel Armour ceramic coating planned for wheels after install.

The process continues......

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts