Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new owner to a 2011 987.2 Cayman base. Currently have the 17" wheels on the car and I'm looking to upgrade to Titan7 TS5 wheels.

Can anyone confirm if Titan 7 TS5 wheels (18") spec will fit without any rub with a stock suspension set up? Fronts are 18x9" with a 46mm offset and rears are 18x10" with a 35mm offset. I'd be running probably 245/40's in the front with 275/40's in the rear (open to suggestions).

I'd like to do coilovers down the road but for now I'll be running stock (height, camber, etc.). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Yep, fit great. Work well with Ohlin Coilovers and Tarett Cup LCA's.
DSC_0016.JPG

Reactions: KT_987

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Nice look and fit

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just did a test fit on my new titanium set last week (2008 CS). Didn't see any wheel issues and expect to run the 245/275-40 setup as you described. BTW, the set has ball seats (not cones) and it does appear they should work with TPMS. I'll validate that fitment next week when the new sensors arrive. The wheels are really sweet, very light and exceptionally well packaged from the factory. No worries on shipment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, fit great. Work well with Ohlin Coilovers and Tarett Cup LCA's.
View attachment 267182
nice thanks, good looking set up there.

Just did a test fit on my new titanium set last week (2008 CS). Didn't see any wheel issues and expect to run the 245/275-40 setup as you described. BTW, the set has ball seats (not cones) and it does appear they should work with TPMS. I'll validate that fitment next week when the new sensors arrive. The wheels are really sweet, very light and exceptionally well packaged from the factory. No worries on shipment.
thanks, where did you end up getting the new lug bolts? And please do share an update for the TPMS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally got the TPMS installed with no issues (Huf RDE001 from TPMSDirect.com). Looks to match fine with the wheels (as expected). Lugs off of Amazon (black - 44mm with the current spacers 7/15 mm being used). 44mm length will still work fine with the new wheels, so two lug sets are not needed. 245/275 Tires ordered, should get here next week. GTechniq Wheel Armour ceramic coating planned for wheels after install.

The process continues......

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally, got the Michelin tires and the Titan7s on the car. Even with the worn tires as a baseline, it looks like the Titan7s are about 2-3 lbs lighter in the front and 4-5 lbs lighter in the rear (even with going up a stock size by 10mm - 245/275). So, the unsprung mass did improve for the track. Titan7s do not need any wheels spacers for flush mount and work fine with a stock 28mm lug stud. The 44mm stud did have some interference with the rear e-brake shoes. The 433 MHz TPMS linked up within 15 min of driving. Gave them a good layer of ceramic coating and painted the TPMS and wheel weights to match the titanium color. Hopefully, all of this will keep brake dust issues at a minimum. Driving does seem improved with the lower unsprung mass, comfort has not been impacted and no rubbing issues seen. Do plan to get the R-springs down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I like the look on your white car. I have found that using car wash on the caliper and brake rotors seem to keep them happy and they look terrific behind the Titan 7 wheels. You can find Porsche stick on center caps that are carbon fiber in the background with the crest on E Bay. I'm using 5 mm spacer f and 10 mm rear to get closer to the wheel wells. I like my track as wide as possible to reduce weight transfer across the car and balance the roll centers.

Also, when you add the R springs get as much front camber as possible, like -1.4 with 0 toe in f and -1.5 camber in the rear with 12 minute of toe in. That's about as much as you will want for your driving until a track day calls you. Not much inside tire wear is noted and you can have the tires swapped after a year or so to the other shoulder by the tire shop.

Great pick.

DSC_0016.JPG

Reactions: normelz

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Slicked1 looks like nice filament. Your fit seems better than Apex1 at least in the front. While the top of the wheel well is flush, the sides fit better without the spacers. In any case like the wheels. They are forged I believe. How much were they?

·
Registered
39 Posts
$550/each delivered. Evasive Motorsports. They are packed between two - 1.5" foam pads in the box. No issues in shipping. Less than a week to get......I'd expect camera angle might make a difference in offset view.

Apex, send me a link to those Porsche caps. Never could find one that would fit properly.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally, got the Michelin tires and the Titan7s on the car. Even with the worn tires as a baseline, it looks like the Titan7s are about 2-3 lbs lighter in the front and 4-5 lbs lighter in the rear (even with going up a stock size by 10mm - 245/275). So, the unsprung mass did improve for the track. Titan7s do not need any wheels spacers for flush mount and work fine with a stock 28mm lug stud. The 44mm stud did have some interference with the rear e-brake shoes. The 433 MHz TPMS linked up within 15 min of driving. Gave them a good layer of ceramic coating and painted the TPMS and wheel weights to match the titanium color. Hopefully, all of this will keep brake dust issues at a minimum. Driving does seem improved with the lower unsprung mass, comfort has not been impacted and no rubbing issues seen. Do plan to get the R-springs down the road.
Looks good man, is that photo on stock suspension?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I looked up center caps on ETSY on e bay, 1mm metal center slightly domed caps with sticker on back, with custom Porsche crest on black carbon fiber background. Order 58 mm, should work for about $17.00. Your choice, you need to order it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Apex, please post the ebay item number. All I have found is the 58mm carbon fiber cap itself, no logo.....I really would like to swap the centers.

BTW, H&R torsion bars is the only suspension mod so far......but wouldn't think that would have changed it much (if at all).

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Slicked1- The reason you cannot find the Porsche crest on the Ebay site is Porsche really protects is brand name from someone using it without authorization. So, you have to ask the manufacture to only use the Porsche Crest with the carbon fiber background. They usually have a box to add some specifications. Mine were made in Hong kong and sent via the Post office which took about 2 weeks. I have two different wheels that have these fake Porsche crests. Do not push the center of the domed ones as that metal if very thin. I have one that is flat, the rest domed. But, I have not lost any and these are used for autocross and spirited driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the look on your white car. I have found that using car wash on the caliper and brake rotors seem to keep them happy and they look terrific behind the Titan 7 wheels. You can find Porsche stick on center caps that are carbon fiber in the background with the crest on E Bay. I'm using 5 mm spacer f and 10 mm rear to get closer to the wheel wells. I like my track as wide as possible to reduce weight transfer across the car and balance the roll centers.

Also, when you add the R springs get as much front camber as possible, like -1.4 with 0 toe in f and -1.5 camber in the rear with 12 minute of toe in. That's about as much as you will want for your driving until a track day calls you. Not much inside tire wear is noted and you can have the tires swapped after a year or so to the other shoulder by the tire shop.

Great pick.

View attachment 269331
Nice whee/tire combo. It fills the wheel well nicely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Very happy with the end result.

BTW, to Apex comment, the 3D wheel crests are located on Etsy.com. Black or Carbon. Ordered a set, will see when (or if) I get them. Should be a nice addition.

·
Incurable Gearhead
963 Posts
Hey Slicked the car looks terrific. LOVE these wheels. Your car’s gonna be perfect when you get your springs. I went with CR suspension on my CS many years ago and have no complaints whatsoever. Amazing what a difference a few mm makes aesthetically, and of course the car drives beautifully. BTW mine still has its CS sway bars. I was gonna swap those for the CR bars way back when, but the car was so good I never bothered. Cheers!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks and nice to know. Got the H&R sways on it now. You don't by chance have the CR PN for the springs themselves do you? I've looked a little, but just saw the entire setup. A bit pricey......

·
Incurable Gearhead
963 Posts
Sorry but dunno the PNs. It’s been so long and I bought the CR shocks/springs from a fellow member who’d switched onto coilovers very early in his R’s life, so no paperwork to refer to.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts