Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to buy a 911 carerra and I want to clear bra the whole car, not just the front. The dealer wants a rediculous amount of money to do this. If anyone can recommend an after market shop near palm beach, Florida, I would appreciate it. I’m willing to pay for quality work but let’s face it, this is just a base 911, not a 918 so I want to keep the price down, thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would do an online search for exotic car paint correction or ceramic coating to find a listing of avail detail shops. There should be reviews. I would stay away from the dealer for that type of work - you need folks who do that all day every day. There is a shop here in Houston where people take their newly delivered brand new exotics to get a paint correction and coating/PPF applied. If I were doing this, that's where I would go. And they are likely way less expensive than the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried emailing Pepi and autosupershield twice and got no reply. I called the phone numbers on their website seven times yesterday and no one answered. I kept getting bumped to voicemail after a few rings by someone and I know it was a person because it was never the same amount of rings. Are these people still in business or are they so busy they don’t want any more customers? It appears I need to find a different ppf installer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That’s weird. I know he and his wife just had a new baby, but pretty sure he’s still working like a dog to keep up with unbelievable demand.
Yes, they’re still in biz. Just saw him & one of his employees this week doing a full rap on a Bentley at a certified Bentley & Porsche paint & body shop in West Palm. I know they’re always busy, but someone should be at the shop. I’ll call Pepi on his cell and see what’s up.

UPDATE...
Sent you a PM. The phones and computer systems in their entire complex of businesses on Old Dixie Hwy in Boca have been out since Tuesday. I’m sure you’re aware of all the storms we’ve had here in Palm Beach County. Good ‘ol COMCAST assured him that they’d be up and running by last night. Try 561-367-0101 or call his cell. He’s busy with a crew doing a mega-yacht in Fort Lauderdale right now. His cell is ***-***-****. Certainly feel free to take your car anywhere you want. But Pepi and AutoSuperShield is the best in the entire state. There is NO high end car dealership in South Florida that does not use them. Pepi is a “legendary” award winning installer who teaches the craft, and owns an amazing business. Good luck.

UPDATE II... 6/12
Pepi just CLEAR “re-wrapped” my little Boxster this morning. ...not quite a FULL WRAP - full bumper, full hood, lights, full front fenders, mirrors, door handle cups, “A” pillar w/complete painted roof panel, rocker panel to up behind side air inlet panel, behind rear wheel well, and rear spoiler... less than $3K.

Original “front wrap” done in 2016 by original owner at a place in Hollywood, FL called “The Dark Side” (window tint shop) - no longer in biz. I have a copy of the receipt with now USELESS 5 year warranty. He only had them wrap front bumper, 1/2 hood, half front fenders & mirrors. ($1,200.00). It was peeling off everywhere & drivers side mirror wrap GONE. Cheap material - terrible installation job. Thankfully, the original owner didn’t drive it much (less than 6,500 miles in 2 yrs).

*Example of quality job.... The full wrap on wife’s ‘07 Z-06 Vette, now owned by a neighbor, was wrapped by Pepi a week after she bought it as a retirement present to herself in May/2007 & still looks like it was just wrapped yesterday. Can’t even tell it’s wrapped without checking REAL close. If it’s done right with quality material, IT AIN’T CHEAP. Original owner paid $67,500 + T, T & T for my Boxster in 2016. In April after searching for 6 months, I paid $47K TOTAL with 6,500 miles on it cuz it was EXACTLY what I was looking for (big bucks to a retired cop on a fixed income). At 71 years old, I want to protect my FIRST (& probably last) PORSCHE. It’s an inexpensive investment. Be careful and check qualifications of your installer. Ask to see examples of his work. I wish you luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts