Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Do you plan to sell the pieces individually? I already have 99% shown installed from the factory and only need the square center console trim piece. Also, unless I'm missing something your website doesn't have any of those pieces or that combo on it for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Do you plan to sell the pieces individually? I already have 99% shown installed from the factory and only need the square center console trim piece. Also, unless I'm missing something your website doesn't have any of those pieces or that combo on it for sale anywhere.

I don't want to take any business away from Carbonlution, but I just want to raise a point you might not be aware of. I remember when Brian (BJR) was doing a lot of CF upgrades that he mentioned that the weave patterns used by aftermarket companies were tangibly different than the OEM ones that Porsche makes. With that in mind, depending on the price difference to get the OEM piece, you may prefer it over this one from Carbonlution. For people getting the full set of parts here it's not an issue, but when you're only looking for the one, it might be worth a few extra bucks to have it match your dash and door trim.

Reactions: Nimche

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't want to take any business away from Carbonlution, but I just want to raise a point you might not be aware of. I remember when Brian (BJR) was doing a lot of CF upgrades that he mentioned that the weave patterns used by aftermarket companies were tangibly different than the OEM ones that Porsche makes. With that in mind, depending on the price difference to get the OEM piece, you may prefer it over this one from Carbonlution. For people getting the full set of parts here it's not an issue, but when you're only looking for the one, it might be worth a few extra bucks to have it match your dash and door trim.
Good point

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes we can sell just the console trim, as you can see from the pictures they are made exactly with the weave patterns like what Porsche uses on their trims. The weave of the carbon is customizable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like what wild weasel mentioned, yes there will be slightly different if you to two parts sided by side. For instance if you are mix matching trims on the dash then we do not recommend you doing that because they are right next to each other. But since console is not right next to the dash therefore it's not really visible to see the difference. It's kind of like you are comparing a 780 vs a 1080 tv side by side you will see some differences but if they are not right next to each other then you can't really tell the differences.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Do the door trims just stick over top of the existing ones?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
our door trim will require you to remove the existing trim and replace it with the carbon trim.

Is that even possible? I was under the impression it wasn't short of major door panel surgery. :) Have you got instructions?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts