Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m quite happy with the base Cayman, but I’m on a quest to get it to connect to my iPhone. I saw that the 991 on Suncoast has an adaptor that allows it to interface with the BOSE amplifier.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PK9X1BOSE&Store_Code=P

This is the hard part of the install, trying to get it to work with the digital 8-channel Bose amplifier. I know there’s no way to know for sure until it’s installed, but these are the same parts, right?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do you want to replace your PCM with a 3rd party unit or just have your iPhone work hands free through PCM? My 6s works just fine with the PCM in my 981CS. The Suncoast listing is for replacing the PCM head unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
Right -- it's just a kit to install an aftermarket stereo and does not include the aftermarket stereo itself as indicated in the product description. It is not an iPhone interface kit. There should be existing threads on different iPhone interfacing options.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
703 Posts
How about if you connect it with a cable? Will it stream then? I know I’ve played podcasts in my CS, but it might have been from a second iPhone.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about if you connect it with a cable? Will it stream then? I know I’ve played podcasts in my CS, but it might have been from a second iPhone.

If the base Cayman has a cable, I’d do that in a heartbeat. It’s just 3.5mm. I’ve often wondered if I got a USB/3.5mm glove box jack if it would work with CDR37.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.