Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I really laughed at this...
Actually I was puzzled... didn't laugh at all.

Can someone explain what on earth happened here? How could a beaten rabbit win a mighty machine?!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
definitely a monster of a golf but i really doubt the gt3 was going flat out...wouldve heard the 9000rpm beast

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I watched both videos... twice.

I say this, there's no way on earth the GT3 driver was flooring it or taking the race seriously. We all come across idiots to race them on the street. We might pull away just to get him away behind us and prevent street racing from happening. And the Nissan nut was thrilled to see the mighty GT3 lose... although the GT3 didn't lose for he wasn't racing.

Yes the rabbit may have been heavily tuned from the way it pulled ahead of the Nissan but by then the GT3 was cruising.

He who laughed in the end was the GT3 driver at home watching the video go viral. Only a stranger to GT3 would believe it lost to a rabbit.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Thank you Chows for your effort in providing details but for my own sanity I refuse to believe it. No, I'm not joking but it doesn't make sense.

A rabbit faster than a Veyron!!! Santa is more real than this story.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I watched both videos... twice.

I say this, there's no way on earth the GT3 driver was flooring it or taking the race seriously. We all come across idiots to race them on the street. We might pull away just to get him away behind us and prevent street racing from happening. And the Nissan nut was thrilled to see the mighty GT3 lose... although the GT3 didn't lose for he wasn't racing.

Yes the rabbit may have been heavily tuned from the way it pulled ahead of the Nissan but by then the GT3 was cruising.

He who laughed in the end was the GT3 driver at home watching the video go viral. Only a stranger to GT3 would believe it lost to a rabbit.

Of course, there is no way a Rabbit could beat the Porsche Brand... never no way... Irony aside, why not? 760 hp/1300 pounds vs 400/500HP/3400 do the pwr to weight....

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Of course, there is no way a Rabbit could beat the Porsche Brand... never no way... Irony aside, why not? 760 hp/1300 pounds vs 400/500HP/3400 do the pwr to weight....
It comes down to the ability of putting the power down. The rabbit with such power/weight ratio would spin tires all the way from first to fifth gear. If it had a fifth gear.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We all come across idiots to race them on the street. We might pull away just to get him away behind us and prevent street racing from happening.
This makes me laugh. "But Officer, I wasn't street racing with that other idiot. I was just pulling away in order to prevent a street race. Honest!"

Only a stranger to GT3 would believe it lost to a rabbit.
Have you heard the expression "There's always a bigger fish"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We all know the GT3 is the better car... I just laughed out loud/ was surprised that the that Golf on bicycle tires hauling rear that fast. Not often I laugh out loud like that... had to share

·
Registered
866 Posts
It comes down to the ability of putting the power down. The rabbit with such power/weight ratio would spin tires all the way from first to fifth gear. If it had a fifth gear.
The rabbit was on 11 inch wide drag slicks... how did you not notice.... :p

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
11" drag slicks won't nail down that much traction with FWD. When I think about it, there is no way he could put that kind of power down. FWD sucks with high hp and torque. Im in the camp the GT3 already backed off. Of course that Golf beater could be a sleeper rebuilt with AWD, turbo and nitrous oxide and methanol injection systems... And it couldn't do that for more than 5 minutes without blowing up.

·
Registered
866 Posts
11" drag slicks won't nail down that much traction with FWD. When I think about it, there is no way he could put that kind of power down. FWD sucks with high hp and torque. Im in the camp the GT3 already backed off. Of course that Golf beater could be a sleeper rebuilt with AWD, turbo and nitrous oxide and methanol injection systems... And it couldn't do that for more than 5 minutes without blowing up.
Man, did you not notice it was AWD? :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts