Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone has tried this yet? Looking to use the 991s plenum and TB. So far it looks like it may work but there maybe some hose re routing (no biggie). As long as the actuator and flap works and bolts up, i may try it. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried this yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I havent gotten the Mod Bug with this car like I had for the past 20 years with my bmw's but keep talking I would love to hear more about 400+hp
2015 bgtr 6mt

·
Vendor
707 Posts
Looking to see if anyone has tried this yet? Looking to use the 991s plenum and TB. So far it looks like it may work but there maybe some hose re routing (no biggie). As long as the actuator and flap works and bolts up, i may try it. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried this yet.
I do not think this will work as you will need the larger diameter Y-pipe from IPD that is for the 82mm throttle body not the 74mm 981 version. I could be wrong but I think someone else asked me about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
I do not think this will work as you will need the larger diameter Y-pipe from IPD that is for the 82mm throttle body not the 74mm 981 version. I could be wrong but I think someone else asked me about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious to see what the GT4 plenum, TB, and intake tract is going to look like. If the new 3.8 has the larger plenum, bigger throttle body, and larger intake hoses, that will be a nice mod to go with....ehem.....the ECU tuning that may never get here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The GT4 has the 991S motor detuned to 385hp. It also has the 991S plenum.

IPD does offer a revised plenum. See here

991 DFI Carrera/S | IPD Plenums

I've just about given up on ECU tuning... I think Porsche has lawyers out there writing letters to everyone even thinking about publicly releasing reflash software...

·
Registered
583 Posts
The GT4 has the 991S motor detuned to 385hp. It also has the 991S plenum.

IPD does offer a revised plenum. See here

991 DFI Carrera/S | IPD Plenums

I've just about given up on ECU tuning... I think Porsche has lawyers out there writing letters to everyone even thinking about publicly releasing reflash software...

There must be some sort of changes that were done on the GT4 to make plumbing factory looking and neat.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Honestly, until there is a solid aftermarket tune for this car, I wouldn't even waste your money on a plenum. Spend the money on a track day and a set of tires. You'll have a lot more fun.

Reactions: Mike R.
804 Posts
Hello Everyone,

We have been working with Evolution Motorsports extensively on ECU tuning for all manners of vehicles. From what I understand, the newest generation of Porsche have an ECU made by a company named Siemans. Unfortunately they have perfected the ability of locking down their ECU's to the point where no one has yet been able to "break into" them in order to bypass limiting factors put on the vehicles. EVO (as well as every other tuning company) is working extensively to do this, but as of yet have come up short.

However, when it comes to Porsche's Turbo models we do offer a "tuning module" that intercepts different sensor signals before reaching the ECU, modifies them, and then sends them to the ECU to provide a substantial increase in power. On the 991 generation of Porsche 911 Turbo, we saw an incredible increase in 80whp and 90wtq with the module we offer. This tuning module has not yet shown results for NA models, but the technically is out there to make this happen, so stay positive!

Please keep in mind their are many other alternatives to make up for lost performance on all models of the Boxster/Cayman in the meantime.

I have talked extensively with Greg over at IPD on their Competition Plenums and GT3 TB upgrades for the Boxster/Cayman. He has seen incredible dyno results with his products, and stands by them 100% as we do here at Fabspeed. Here are some the vehicles he has given me dyno results for, and please be assured any of those that are not included Will show similar results from the customer reviews we have both seen from countless systems he has sold.

987 2.7l w/ 74mm TB (10hp/8tq)
987 3.4l w/ 74mm TB (14hp/12tq)
987 3.4l w/ 82mm TB (20hp/18tq)
987.2 2.9l w/ 74mm TB (12hp/10tq)
987.2 3.4l w/ 74mm TB (15hp/12tq)
987.2 3.4l w/ 82mm TB (20hp/15tq)
981 w/82mm TB (14hp/12tq)

IPD Plenums | Plenums, Thermal Blankets & Y-Pipes

For those interested in pricing on these products please PM me as we are a dealer for IPD and would love to work with you to provide you with improved performance on your vehicle.

For those looking for even more performance and sound, please check out our website for the amazing exhaust products we have designed for the Boxster/Cayman and PM me with your interests. We have seen an amazing 27whp and 41wtq increase with our Sport Headers and Maxflo System on a 981 Boxster S!

Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman Performance Package - Fabspeed Motorsport

1 - 9 of 9 Posts