Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There, I wanted to get the groups input on what might cause my 2000 C4 Cab to smoke while under heavy G’s on track even after replacing the AOS.
The car does not burn a bit of oil all year, and I do drive it year round.
Before the AOS replacement the car smoked on start up and had the frothing in the oil fill tube.
After the AOS replacement the frothing and smoke at startup stopped but the smoking at the track continued.
After upgrading the suspension and moving to R compound tires the smoking and oil consumption has gotten worse to the point of using 600ml per 20 minute run group and an oil puddle forming under the car.
The service tech is advising replacement of the AOS again and also replacing the deep sump we had done with a better baffled one.
Other stock 996’s at the track do not have this issue.
As I have been chasing this issue for the 5 years I have had the car any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Of course it's worst after R compound and suspension work, you are cornering harder and throwing the oil around. You have to replace the stock AOS with the Motorsport unit they use on race cars. I did in my very heavily modified Cayman RS. Expensive, difficult install but it works for hard driven DE cars. You may also need the deeper oil sump and dividers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts