Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone. I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding reliability and less important driveability of a highly mod'ed car. In particular a 996TT, because that's what I have. It is completely stock, apart from a GT2 wing and tiptronic. I want to modify the car and get more from it, but I am worried about reliability. It is my daily driver and track car about 6 times a year. initially I was going to start with sports headers, billet divertor valves and an ECU flash. I believe just these will lift HP to approx 500. The question is, Will it still be reliable? I know Porsches are lengendary for over-engineering, but how much is too much?? Comments and feedback much appreciated. Loving the cars, mod's, pictures etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
G'day everyone. I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding reliability and less important driveability of a highly mod'ed car. In particular a 996TT, because that's what I have. It is completely stock, apart from a GT2 wing and tiptronic. I want to modify the car and get more from it, but I am worried about reliability. It is my daily driver and track car about 6 times a year. initially I was going to start with sports headers, billet divertor valves and an ECU flash. I believe just these will lift HP to approx 500. The question is, Will it still be reliable? I know Porsches are lengendary for over-engineering, but how much is too much?? Comments and feedback much appreciated. Loving the cars, mod's, pictures etc.
The Mezger engine has been capable of supporting >700WHP with proper tuning. Stock botton, no internal changes, all bolt on modifications. A simple flash and DVs should not change the reliability of the engine.

- bob

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been down this path as well... if you're looking at around 500 whp, keep the stock headers, they are fine for that hp level. Definitely get DV's and a tune... the car will feel totally different. Add a simple intake and exhaust, IPD plenum and you should be very very happy. The car will be just as reliable and will eat 95% of anything you will see on the street. Once you get into turbo upgrades... things get a bit more fun but will affect daily driveability. Good luck as it's a real fun ride!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
May I suggest you consult with one of our sponsors here; i.e. TPC Racing. They are experts in modifying cars and turbo upgrades.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts