Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

Last week I brought my car to Brendan at BrenTuning in Charlton, MA to see what he could get out of it. He has tuned a bunch of my other cars and I have always been extremely impressed; this car is no exception. The car is a 2007 997.1 GT3 stock except for a Cargraphic Rear Section exhaust. The dyno used was BrenTuning’s in house Mustang MD150 AWD dyno which reads a bit lower than the standard DynoJet. We ran the car in OEM trim multiple times and picked the highest pass as the baseline. Brendan worked on different power maps individually to create the perfect calibration. He found that Variocam changes created incredible gains on this motor. The graph below shows stock output, 93 octane tune and 100 octane tune. 26WHP/20WTQ (peak) was found on 93 octane and when tuned for 100 octane we found an additional 10WHP for 36WHP/20WTQ gains! As you know, peak numbers aren’t everything. If you look at the graph below you will see huge gains throughout the midrange as well. Throttle response, drive-ability and fuel economy all have been improved drastically. If you own a 997.1 GT3 this is hands down the best tuning option out! I would recommend Bren to anyone looking for more power out of their 997.1 GT3. They plan to develop maps for a GT3RS throttle body and high flow cat mapping soon! Stay tuned!

Dyno Video

BrenTuning: 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 - YouTube

Stock

93 Octane

100 Octane

Stock vs 93 Octane vs 100 Octane

1 - 1 of 1 Posts