Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Swirl pot part #’S

With my first track day coming up in the 06 Cayman S I have been researching oil issues and plan on doing it all…but one step at a time. This time I’m going to install a deep sump, next track day I’ll do an AOS or something. I have a deep sump on order and plan on installing before the car hits the track. Seem like a good time to upgrade to 997 swirl pots while I’m in there. The problem is even though they are talked about it about a 100 threads I can’t find a part #, or a source, or cost anywhere. Maybe I’m having a bad internet day but I’ve been searching for over an hour I haven’t found squat. Can someone help? :wall::wall::wall:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
subscribing to this thread. Same here, I couldn't find the swirl pot part number ... and don't even know what it looks like!

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Probably the single biggest reason you hear about more Cayman engines going bang than Boxter engines. Nobody have been able to give me a good reason why Porsche decided to change that part on the Cayman engines and continue fitting the older better part on all other models.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have installed a catch tank between the standards AOS and the inlet manifold. Much cheaper than the motorsport AOS and very easy to do if it's a track car.
This is a great idea! Catch cans are cheap...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts