Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Please tell Mike that we need more hooliganism videos ;)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
The overall status:

1) The kit got delayed because of the ashes spread in the skies of Europe... it is in transit now; in Dubai. Hopefully next week the dealer will start installing it.

2) We had a hiccup with the ECU as the dealer couldn't re-flash it with the regional specs! I'm not sure if the restoration of FVD software back to stock caused any damages earlier this week. But in the light of Mike's response, we shall be mailing the ECU to you inshallah on Saturday to be re-flashed and configured from your end with EU2 Emission Code and 95 Octane Fuel. If that doesn't work then I have to order a new ECU from Porsche Germany, get it configured here in KSA with the regional specs then mail it to you for remapping.

I'm absolutely not concerned about the delays of the kit or the ECU... I just want it to be done right even if it takes more time.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, but my personal opinion is you shoudl buy a Cayman and then Turbo it :) Caymans handle better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, but my personal opinion is you shoudl buy a Cayman and then Turbo it :) Caymans handle better.
I have heard so many good things about the cayman and I am most likely to go with your opinion. I wish you guys had a video of a cayman flyby like the one in this thread. I really like how mike did that u-turn and gunned it...... really showed the quickness of the car :cheers: to that

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I wish you guys had a video of a cayman flyby like the one in this thread. I really like how mike did that u-turn and gunned it.
I was thinking of the same thing today as I revisited the video of the 911... True, so far the Cayman turbo wasn't presented well in any video clip. I mean let the 420hp, 485hp or 550hp distinguish itself on the asphalt!

Have a look at this Casey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsofZq2pxVA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts