Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our sponsors - Capristo - would like to test their full exhaust system on a 997 Turbo here in the U.S. The requirement is that you author an article about the install and the system along with before and after dyno tests. If you are interested please reply!

(Please note they are also looking for a Gen 2 Cayman S owner as well)

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
Had to withdraw on that one. Just too much work on the 997tt. It cost me close to $3k in isntallation to have the current exhaust I am running, which I like a lot.

Can you do a full exhaust yourself on a 997tt, sure, but it is a lot less space to work with than on the Cayman. Worst thing is the fickle ECU on the tt, took me three attempts to get rid of my CEL on my current system. Which would most likely eb exactly the same here 200-cell race cat. Adding to that the wiring and routing of the switch and my car might be apart several times for several days. NAAAAWWW not worth it. Interested to see though how it turns out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of our sponsors - Capristo - would like to test their full exhaust system on a 997 Turbo here in the U.S. The requirement is that you author an article about the install and the system along with before and after dyno tests. If you are interested please reply!

(Please note they are also looking for a Gen 2 Cayman S owner as well)
K-MAN S - i just picked up an 08 turbo cab in malachite on terracotta, manual, fully optioned, msrp was over $160k ($230 k in canada! ouch - our new canadian prices are still well over 30% higher than yours even after calculating in the exchange rate!) , 2400 miles, $99k. i'm in canada, live in northwest alberta, but the car is in vancouver, b.c.. i know several great tuners in western canada that could install the capristo exhaust. we can do an in depth article, extensive photos, and hd 2d as well as hd 3d video. my favorite shop, riegel tuning, is in calgary alberta- i bought the former owner's race car , a 71 911 highly customized for gt1 racing and done up like a 935, at 2200 lb, and 880 rear wheel dyno hp! the owner, hima maher, died last spring in an avalanche in the rocky mountains skiing way out of bounds at the tender age of 41! these guys have a 4 wheel dyno, and have done a lot of high end custom performance upgrades to many brands of exotics, mostly porsches. would capristo give any kind of a break on the cost if the final article, photos and videos are to their standards? hard to do after the fact? thanx............. dr. curtis d p smith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts