Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I happened across this car today. The pictures are with an old P&S. They are what they are. WAY too many people, reflections, fluorescent lights, direct flash, no grey card, so I kind of got what I got. Maybe they will help someone. This is NOT a dealer car but on the road. But it was on a dealer floor. So if the color is messed up, such is life ;). Fluorescents and spot lights mess things up along with bright sun and interior lights.

To give a first perspective between speed yellow and racing yellow, I didn't realize just how much brighter Racing Yellow jumped out at you. It's actually more brighter than you can really tell from a picture.

Being pulled into the dealer. If you care about scraping, well it made it up this ramp easily. I also tried to measure the front lip and its about 1" lower than mine on a SPASM car. Being pulled around and in, it didn't sound particularly loud, just normal like every other Porsche.

With 50 people milling about, its impossible to get full body shots so I tried to focus on exterior areas closely.

The front of the car is in very bright sun. The back inside the building. So full body shots are about impossible due to the light differences.

Carroll Shelby called. He wants his side scoops back ;)

One thing I noticed was despite being a registered customer car, a few people could NOT keep their hands of the wing. It's low enough that people just got to touch it. I'll just say the "younger folks" like to touch. If it were me, I would be cautious parking this car on the street as it might have a lot of finger prints on the wing, or some laundry.

And some interiors. I imagine these are the fiber LWB people love?

Yeah, GTS buyers got screwed. If I had just bought a GTS and this came out and was in the market for this car, I'd have taken the loss, dumped the GTS and bought this instead. Good choice you guys in the queue. IMO, your buying a car how the Cayman always should have looked out of the box. :) Good for you :)

This shot was a bit grainy but low light and at least I got the GT4 in focus.

say bye bye ...

The big boys were there too.

Now THIS is a wing ;)

To be continued in the 911 subforum http://www.planet-9.com/911-pictures-video/110095-awesome-gt3rs-bonus-midengine-fan-914-a.html

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice, but the buyer missed the box for yellow deviated stitching. From the photos I've seen, it looks awesome. Oh, and that's what's on my spec too. :banana:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ignoring the car being yellow...it looks like the silver seat belts go very well with the standard interior as it matches the stitching and blends well with the carbon fiber. Your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Very nice! Yes I love Racing Yellow!
Today I saw my first GT4 in the flesh. It was a gorgeous White/Black with gray stitching and belts. I missed being able to buy it by a few hours. The guy who bought it had just taken delivery of a GT3 earlier this week when this one became available (a deal fell through at closing). So the GT3 guy was offered and worked a deal. He closed while I was at the dealer ogling his car. The good news is I heard it start and c take off with PSE turned on twice. My 3.4 PSE sounds great, but the 3.8 PSE had more gravitas! It sounds awesome! They have 2 more GT3s available, but no GT4s at this time. They have a great deal available on a new 991 GTS (430 HP). I'm thinking about that, but thinking of holding out for a GT4, most likely to be a 2017 the way I want it, if it happens.

Attachments

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,632 Posts
Great pix! I'm painting my 07 CS race car this yellow with black accents.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ignoring the car being yellow...it looks like the silver seat belts go very well with the standard interior as it matches the stitching and blends well with the carbon fiber. Your thoughts.
I never even noticed the color of the seat belts until you point it out. I guess the muted silver just blended with the black and they were not out of place on the yellow car.

One thing I did notice on those LWB was how thin they were and the CF was very good looking. Well of course they have to be thin to not weigh much. But the steering wheel and dash were, IMO, just out of place. The LWB far outclassed them.

Compare this

to this

The bottom picture is the carbon fiber interior of a Macan Turbo. Now color and style falls under the purview of individual preferences. But if I had CF seats, I'd match it with the CF steering wheel and CF trim bits. To my eye, it just all goes together. CF trim and stock interior? Not so much to my eye but everyone likes what they like.

The good news is I heard it start and c take off with PSE turned on twice. My 3.4 PSE sounds great, but the 3.8 PSE had more gravitas! It sounds awesome!
I heard it being pulled around, idling, etc. It sounded the same to me but I'm probably just used to. Interestingly enough, while driving here, a GT3 passed by. Now THAT sounded louder.

OTH, I heard some 911 Turbos. :( Sad. There is a big difference to my ear between a GT3 and 911 Turbo and not a good one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It gets much louder after a few miles.. at first I didn't notice a different when I pressed the exhaust button, but now its obvious.. and the car burbles beautifully when you let off the throttle

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I need to mail out white balance cards to all p9 members who take car color photos :)

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to mail out white balance cards to all p9 members who take car color photos :)

Yeah, I said that "no grey card, so I kind of got what I got." ​I just threw an old p&s in my pocket certainly not expecting to take pictures indoors. In fact, the GT4 just showed up as a customer and they let him on the showroom floor. Complete surprise to me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
One thing I did notice on those LWB was how thin they were and the CF was very good looking. Well of course they have to be thin to not weigh much. But the steering wheel and dash were, IMO, just out of place. The LWB far outclassed them.

I have LWBS and I did order the carbon fiber trim pieces to match... dash and center counsel along with silver seat belts. DB Carbon has a lot of parts if I feel I need more Carbon after I get my GT4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice, but the buyer missed the box for yellow deviated stitching. From the photos I've seen, it looks awesome. Oh, and that's what's on my spec too. :banana:
No SC either. I know it is an expensive clock. But to my eyes, having a clock there looks better.

·
Registered
177 Posts
SC also give "Dynamic Transmition Mounts" overall a nice option
Nope, all Sport Chrono gives you is the nice clock and track software (Porsche Track Precision App). Nothing else - nada, zip, zilch, zero. The GT4 comes standard with all the goodies that you need SC to get in non-GT models. Dynamic Transmission mounts, to use your example, are standard (the misprint in the owner's manual notwithstanding).

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks for sharing

Actually, small thing. This GT4 seems to sit a little higher than other ones I have seen on the Internet. The fender gap seems a little bigger. Either the springs haven't sagged or maybe the cars are adjusted differently from the factory?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts