Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Porsche, buying my first (an 07 Boxster base) one at age 44 just a few months ago. It's yellow and loud (YELL-HELLO!) but I just love yellow, always have since my good old 1976 Fiat X1/9 purchased just out of the Army. After all these years, it took wanting a Boxster to try yellow again. It just fits.

Anyways, although I don't have much to contribute that isn't already covered in the FAQ, I have read a great deal of your posts and have learned more than I bargained for. Not so much as to what are our cars are all about but instead realizing that the majority of you are true enthusiast and keep this forum grounded. If there was never a better reason to own a Porsche it would be being able to enjoy a nice piece of machinery and being able to listen to people who are able to express not just their love for the car they own but also being able to respect other fun cars in general. Most of us have owned alot of sportcars and seem to respect most of them for what they are. I am not seeing a whole lot of "my car is better than his" BS...thank you! If someone get's out of line and gets a little arrogent, they are quickly put in their place.

Every night, I spend appx. one or two hours reading posts here on my iPhone as I watch TV with the wife. Not once have I read a flaming post that really got under my skin. Try that on an S2000 forum (owned one, been there), and found these forums are a bit immature. I will give credit where credit is due, the M3 forums are classy as well.

If anyone else spends enough time on this website, it will be hard to go backwards in sportscar ownership. The comaraderie is impressive. Most people won't believe this in general but Porsche owners appear to be more "class" than "status".:cheers:
THANKS ALL!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Well said.I feel that i'm one of those people that occasionally fall off the path.It is due to the general populous and the Moderators at this site That i myself continue to strive to curb my enthusiasm at times,when not warranted or needed,,Good luck with your new car......Mike.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the site! It's one of the best I've ever seen.

Funny...my first sports car was a yellow 1974 Fiat X1/9!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Agreed on one of the S2000 sites, but I find S2KCA very mature.

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts
Yank My License Yellow is what I like to call it.

I love your avatar pic. Looks like the beginning or the end of an incredible high speed stunt.:eek:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rico, I sooo agree. This is truly a great site with great folks, and a #1 school of information for Porsche owners, or wanna-be Porsche owners like me.

I plan to buy my first Porsche, a 987 this year. And because of this site I am miles, truly miles ahead of the game, and so my purchase will be such as to make the end result far more enjoyable.

What a wonderful family of folks this is. I hope one day to meet many of them.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Never been much of a forum person till I got here. All other forums I'd visited were just too... Not like here if you get what I mean :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
You've spoken nothing but the truth Rico. I, too, was tired of all of the flaming forums and tired of being scared to ask questions because they'd be perceived as "idiotic", but after reading a post here I saw how easy it is to state that I was a newcomer and wanted to eventually be like most of these guys; I can't even tell you how much I've learned in the past month!! Welcome, and I hope this site sets examples for many others for a long time to come :banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.