Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone,

So The Race Line is new to the site as a sponsor, and we want to kick things off in a great way. I put something out earlier in the Spec Racing forum, but perhaps I should have offered it in this room as well. Sorry about that, I am still getting used to where everyone hangs out here.

There are quite a few Cayman cars out there running the OS Giken LSD, so I am sure some will chime in here with their thoughts and options with regard to this differential's durability and operation. There are also several professional teams running this differential, including Jack Baldwin's efforts in World Challenge, and Rennsport One's recent win at Daytona in the Continental Tire series.

This differential has several features that really add a great deal of stability to the Cayman S. It has a zero break in period, does not require any special maintenance, and has shown fantastic durability. It is a 24 plate LSD, and has a progressive lock up to 100% on acceleration, and about 55% on deceleration. The rate of lock up is completely adjustable, but hardly ever needs to be changed, save for the most sensitive of drivers, who are looking to get the very most out of every single lap.

Because the ramps are counter sprung against each other, this differential has a very low initial pre-load on it, which means crisper turn in and far better acceleration out of the corners.

If you are in the market for a great differential, you will want to add this one to your list of options. The OS Giken in my opinion, is quite simply one of the very best differentials currently on the market.

Feel free to contact me with any questions I can help with, or to order one today. There are currently 6 in stock, so I do not recommend waiting. These tend to sell quickly this time of year.

Special Planet-9 pricing for a limited time.... $1790.00 including shipping here in the US.

Please also let me know if you are in need of anything else that I can help with. I work with over 400 different companies now, so if you need it I can probably find it for you.

Best Regards,

Erik Johnson
The Race Line
(970) 344-7761 phone

OS Giken LSD.jpg LSD 2.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the deal apply to PDK too and do you have any in stock?
Great Question. Yes OS Giken does make a LSD for the PDK as well, however, that differential is quite a bit more expensive than the 6mt differential, so I am unfortunately not able to offer the PDK differential at the same price. I can however offer the same discount on the PDK.

And most importantly, YES they are indeed in stock, at least for now. The PDK differentials have been selling even faster than the 6mt's so while there are currently 4 of these available, I do not think that they will be around for long. Naturally we will get more of them back in once these sell, but it will take a bit of time, usually about 6 weeks depending on the building schedule. Sometime is can be slightly longer though.

Give me a call if you are on the hunt for one, and I will be happy to help you with this.

Best Regards,

Erik Johnson
The Race Line
(970) 344-7761 phone

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can this LSD be used in a 981CS 6MT?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Can you supply a similar unit for a 997.2 GTS 6-speed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I do not have positive answer for you on this one. No OS Giken does not currently make a LSD for the new 2014 981 gearbox. I am pushing on them to get one made up, but at the moment they are in need of a gearbox, which I do not currently have available to send to them.

They do however make one for both your 993 and 951 if you happen to be in need of one for either of them?

I will certainly keep everyone posted as to new developments on a diff for the new 981. I hope it will be soon, as there are quite a few people who would like it.

Erik Johnson

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you supply a similar unit for a 997.2 GTS 6-speed?
Yes I most certainly can. I have these in stock right now, and will extend the discounted pricing to you on that differential as well.

Give me a call, and I will get one out to you right away, they are in stock.

Happy to help,

Erik Johnson
(970) 344-7761 phone

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey, what's the price for PDK version of the LSD?
how difficult is it to install it in to the PDK?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts