Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 CS and I expect the change over around 3200. Isn't that the spot for the change of variable cam timing.

Mine just has a dead spot in the low RPMs (1-2500k) I have new plugs and it runs great wide open. Has died a couple times at low RPM in the hot weather when I wasn't expecting it. What kind of things to I need to know for sure?

Fuel filter change?
New plugs (check)
and...

Also, any friends near San Angelo Texas that I can come and put some new rotors on in their garage? I am here on military and without any resources.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was poorly written late in my day. I have new clutch disc, new flywheel, new hydraulic clutch actuator within 3000mi.

Here are my assumptions:

Coils will either work or fail. They are working.
New plugs are likely not the issue.
High pressure fuel pump, also good or bad. It runs, so it is making pressure must be good.

There just seems to be a little hesitation once in a while that I don't expect. Once in a while, it will be hard to start like it is flooded (is this even possible, I don't have any throttle in when I hit the key due to injection). And every so often it just seems to run a little less than perfect.

What are the impending signs of a cranky boxter engine? i.e. if I did NOTHING and drove this until it quit...what would the symptoms be as we progressed down that road? hard to start, then poor mileage (which mine was 29 @80mph with air on in 100* temps last month), then knocking, then misfires...then fuel clogs and then crank falls out bottom...

blue skies

·
Registered
892 Posts
That was poorly written late in my day. I have new clutch disc, new flywheel, new hydraulic clutch actuator within 3000mi.

Here are my assumptions:

Coils will either work or fail. They are working.

blue skies
I dont agree with this. I had a similar situation with a Chevy. I didnt drive it much so I just lived with it. One day it finally wouldnt start. New coil and it ran like new.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
"Under 2500 rpm" is really low. My car will sometimes "sag" when I apply throttle at such low rpm. I think it may be knock sensors pulling timing. It FEELS kind of like my turbo Audi when you let off quickly and stall the turbo. I just try not to lug it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My '11 2.9L base manual will suffer from poor low rpm light throttle response when its hot. I attribute it to heat soak of the of the intake charge, surging goes away above ~2500rpm. I experience it a fair bit as I tend to use low rpms when commuting in stop/slow 'n go traffic (its my DD). Bad coils will throw a code for missing, and poor fuel pressure manifests at higher loads/rpms so I don't suspect those are at fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts