Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for the group. First, while checking my 07C after a good run yesterday and while it was idling for the 2 minute cool down the manual recommends before you put her away, I noticed a valve tap when leaning over near the passenger side air scoop. The only reason I did was I had washed the car and there was some dirt still on the scoop "fins" to catch.
The noise was not too loud - standing up, I had to work to hear it. It was the valve ticking noise I'm sure you've all heard at some time. Saturday, yesterday, during the run, and today going to/from work, she ran strong and I noticed no issues. She idles pretty much like usual, at a little over 600 rpm on the tach. The needle bobbles a little above, from time to time. I can not hear any odd noises when seated inside.

Your opinions and experiences - should I have any concern? The car is a CPO purchased in December and actually has original warranty until this August, after which the CPO warranty takes effect. I don't want to call the dealer and be a nuisance (unless there is a reason for concern). :thanks:

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
I noticed something similar on the 06 after doing an AX event, but the next day it was gone. Beats me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My car does it too, it is normal, nothing to be worried about. If you listen real hard you can hear the clutch chatter too, and it too is normal.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It might be TOTALLY different and unrelated, but in my previous car (Citroen C4), there was some kind of tapping as well. The service engineer said it has something to do with a fuel valve or something and it was perfectly normal.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you to everyone for your feedback. This is the reason I love this site - there are a bunch of nice people who are glad to pass along their experience to others.:thanks:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts