Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I've been lurking on this site for a while now (a few years) while life and an always changing opinion of what I "want" prevented me from officially taking part since I didn't own a Cayman or Boxster; those days are now officially over! I just bought a sweet CPO 2014 Agate Grey Cayman S!!! It's not too highly optioned but it has what was important to me; manual transmission, heated sport seats, bluetooth etc. I've only had the car for a few days so I am still trying to get used to everything and find my comfort zone, but so far I am more than pleased with the whole thing. It is such a different driving experience than my Corvette Grand Sport (C6) so, as much as I loved the performance and sound of that car, I am not regretting the trade one bit.

As I've begun my first cleaning and detailing session with the car, I have discovered that the previous owner was not too bothered by attention to detail or keeping the car clean, it's pretty nasty. There are a few chips and smudges here and there in the paint which I would expect of an east coast car with 50K on the clock, but it is very clear that my clay bar is probably the first one this car has seen in a long time, possibly ever! Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back with questions (don't worry, I have enough forum experience to exhaust the search function before asking an easy question) and comments; I am psyched to finally be in the club!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Black

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice sled. You will love it even more as time goes on. Welcome to the club!

P.S. I was at Verizon yesterday with the Mrs changing our phones over from at&t and observed a guy in a dark blue C7 drive near my car and repeatedly stop to stare from different angles before he finally moved on. Whole experience lasted maybe a full minute.

I think perhaps he made the wrong travel choice. Hahah. I like Corvettes though; they are good sports cars, and I would be willing to entertain a Z06.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice car, I know you'll enjoy it. I favor the agate grey myself. Two quick and easy mods: 1) clear front side markers and 2) colored crests for the wheel "hub caps".

Also, did you drive from PA to SD? If so, how was the trip??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I had fixed my location but I guess not, I recently moved to Maryland so it was only about a 2.5 hr drive home for me but it was fun. I thankfully let Waze direct me around all of the Friday I-95 traffic so I wasn't just working over the new clutch! Funny about the wheel crests, two of mine a flaking so I've already been debating whether to replace them with the colored or crests or the black ones it came with :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought I had fixed my location but I guess not, I recently moved to Maryland so it was only about a 2.5 hr drive home for me but it was fun. I thankfully let Waze direct me around all of the Friday I-95 traffic so I wasn't just working over the new clutch! Funny about the wheel crests, two of mine a flaking so I've already been debating whether to replace them with the colored or crests or the black ones it came with :)
Get the colored ones. You have a little silver on your wheels. They'll compliment nicely!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congratulations!

It's not too highly optioned but it has what was important to me; manual transmission, heated sport seats, bluetooth etc.
It's not the number of options but the ones important to you that really matter. That said, ours came with some options we wouldn't have selected that we really like such as the Carrera Classics.

Two quick and easy mods: 1) clear front side markers and 2) colored crests for the wheel "hub caps".
We're really not mod people but these were among the first changes we made to our 981. OP - be sure to point the new crests correctly. ;)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I owned a 2005 C6 (Z51) coupe and then a 2009 C6 (F55) soft top before selling the 2009 and buying my 2013 981S. The Vettes were fun, and I enjoyed all that low end torque, but there really is no comparison when it comes to the feel of the cars. I never quite thought of my Corvettes as real sports cars ... more like GT cruisers. They were fast and handled well, but always ... to me anyway ... felt big and heavy. They weren't, but they had a certain big car feel to them that is very unlike the Boxster/Cayman cars. The 981’s are just so much more agile that they feel like a totally different type of car. The Porsche sense of balance and cohesion is really hard to duplicate, and the Vettes seems almost clumsy in comparison. I do not miss my Corvettes at all and am very happy with my little Porsche putt putt. ;-)

Congratulations on your new Cayman and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Very nice, and still while you have many days of driving weather left this year, get out and enjoy it!

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on your 981 CS purchase. I just bought a 2014 CS a few months ago. Tracked it at VIR in early July and it was amazing. The handling and braking were fantastic. I did not expect the car to feel as fast as it did. You are going to love it, enjoy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Beautiful ride and welcome to the club!! Truely awesome!!!!

Clear side markers and OEM tinted taillights would be nice additions if you're looking for some quick and easy mods. I also added red seatbelts.

Same car as yours, but I have the satin 20" wheels.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. I went from a 2014 CS to a 2015 C7 and three days later I wanted my CS back so I sold the C7 and ordered my 2016 CS. So...I suspect you will be happy with the move ;)

Reactions: Ryanc440

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Congratulations my friend! You have joined an awesome club and the Cayman is (IMO) second-to-none in a combination of comfort, luxury, and handling!
Totally agree! The only thing better -is Boxster :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.