Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy,

After I had my windows tinted (a nightmare I don't care to relive right now by telling the story) I noticed that the top of my passenger side A-Piller/Front Pillar trim is not flush with the roof liner. To be clear, this is the cloth wrapped prim piece which connects the dash / front of the door to the roof.

If I had to venture a guess I would say the tint shop removed or loosened the piece to get at the edge of the window and then didn't assemble it correctly; there is probably a small "datum" tab that is bent over or something like that and the piece is not snapped in properly.

My question is this:

Does anyone have any diagrams, pictures, or plain old experience in removing this trim piece? Which way do I pull on it to remove it?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I removed mine when I installed a dash cam. If I recall, there were two metal clips near the middle of the trim piece that can fall out.

Just pull out the trim piece from one side(I pulled mine from the bottom front) and it will pop out easily. See if the clips are in place, then realign it and pop it back in.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you have the info I need Capt, thank you!

A bit more clarification though. Do I pull toward the back of the car, i.e. towards myself if I'm sitting in the seat, or do I pull towards the centre of the car?

I'm familiar with the clips you are talking about, they are what I was expecting. I just want to know which direction to pull.

·
Registered
728 Posts
honestly, I cant remember for sure. I am leaning towards backwards, toward the rear of the car.

It shouldn't take too much force and those metal clips wont break so dont worry. Just pry it back gently and it'll pop out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts