Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG OMG Wow Wow Wow.

I just got a call this evening from the manager at the Porsche dealer. My GTS is to arrive at the dealer tomorrow and be prepped for me to pick up on Christmas Eve!! A month ahead of schedule!!

I had decided after ordering that I would take a chill pill and NOT inquire about the lock date, build date, shipment date, boat name, arrival time etc. etc. etc and just see what happens. By not watching, maybe it will make it feel faster, I hoped.

I never bothered to put down the 3K deposit, so when I got a call from the dealer, I figured he was going to remind me of that, but no. I muttered something about having to get a cashier's check tomorrow, but they said a personal check will be fine, pretty cool. Now I have to get my CS 06 cleaned up, take off the winter tires and wheels and put on the original wheels with aging summer tires. I will have to drive 186 miles to the deep south of New Hampshire, across the Green Mountains and the White Mountains. Beautiful thing is that the temperatures are forecast to be in the 40s with some rain, what are the chances of that up here in winter!!! I had been worrying about driving the new car home on summer tires, but looks like this shouldn't be a major issue. The new winter tires from tire rack are already waiting at a local place to be swapped onto my current 18" winter rims (won't look as pretty as the 20's but this GTS is a DD and will be used!).

I read just about every new post on this site since ordering in September, so even if I haven't been an active participant of the waiters club, thanks to all for making the time go by so quickly!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

·
Registered
499 Posts
congrats! keep us posted! sometimes ignorance is bliss, not knowing the delivery date sure helped your cause!

Reactions: BlueNorther

·
Registered
949 Posts
Awesome. You are going to love that car!

Chill no longer because you are about to be strapped into an aggressive Croc that will want to show you its teeth.

Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cool! My CGTS was originally scheduled for January delivery, and I was able to pick it up on December 13. Thanks to the folks in Osnabrück... Maybe they didn't want to work over Christmas, so they got our cars done early. ;)

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Cool! My CGTS was originally scheduled for January delivery, and I was able to pick it up on December 13. Thanks to the folks in Osnabrück... Maybe they didn't want to work over Christmas, so they got our cars done early. ;)
Mine was similar. Originally slated for the end of January. 31st I think. I picked it up December 6th. That said... I knew early on that it would be early as my SA changed my allocation way back in August when Stuttgart builds opened up. Was yours an S build as well?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Mine was also about 3 weeks ahead of schedule. I think they pad the schedule for maximum possible shipping durations. That way you will never be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was similar. Originally slated for the end of January. 31st I think. I picked it up December 6th. That said... I knew early on that it would be early as my SA changed my allocation way back in August when Stuttgart builds opened up. Was yours an S build as well?
The sales manager called with my VIN, it is a Stuttgart build. He said once Macans started to be made, all sport car production (all 911s, 981s and cup cars) produced in Stuttgart (his info, not mine...).

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
My CGTS was built in Osnabruck. This is my third new Porsche, and I have to say, the build quality is absolutely outstanding. Tight as a drum. Perfect.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK dumb question, but how do I really know where my Cayman was built, other than believing what the dealer tells me? I never got any updates or other info from the dealer...

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
OK dumb question, but how do I really know where my Cayman was built, other than believing what the dealer tells me? I never got any updates or other info from the dealer...
11th digit of VIN will have a letter. It is either S or K for Cayman/Boxster. S for Zuffenhausen (suburb of Stuttgart) and K for Osnabruck.

Occasionally, cars with the S designation are actually made in Weissach (918?, GT4?)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that settles that. Eleventh digit is "K" so Osnabruck build, despite what sales manager claimed (see mis information in my post above, sorry!).
Score: Dealer 0, Planet-9 1
Should a known!

Reactions: Mike R.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts