Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

a052 hot pressures

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ajahearn 
#1 ·
What is the optimal hot pressure for a Yokohama a052 on a 981?

#8 ·
I guess I'll move to this thread from my 20" tire thread since I've picked up some used 19" wheels, 8.5 and 10" wide, and I'm planning to put A052's in 245/35 and 275/35 on them.

31/32 hot pressures listed above seem low to me. What cold pressures do you start at?

Also, do any of you use tire pressure monitors on your track wheels? I'm sure they're not as accurate as a good hand held gauge but it's nice checking temps while on the track.

Obligatory pic of wheels:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

#9 ·
My first session of the day starts off around cold 31/32. As soon as I get off the track I drop the pressure so that hot it is 31/32. If I have a long break in between sessions sometimes the pressure can drop to below 28 and the car will pop up the pressure warnings so I give a little time to warm back up. At the end of the day, I make sure the pressure is right for the drive back.

#10 ·
I ran em at around 36 hot. They're pretty soft and mushy tires so I think they need a little more support.

Oddly, I did find I liked 235/265s better than 245/275s on 18" wheels, 9"/10" wide. Most of my track times have been faster on the narrower tires. Weird. These tires are known to like being stretched, though, again due to their soft sidewalls.

#12 ·
Had a premature ending to this past weekend's track day sessions when my front right delaminated. Odd because TH3 CCW is more lefts than rights. I like the tires but they don't last very long (6 days).and while I am lowering my PB times I am not the fastest driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.