Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a Borla catback(12653) on my cayman s, I am very happy with the sound of this exhaust system, but.....Perhaps it provides a very loud sound or drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm, but I want a little more sound at high rpm.

I wonder what the most appropriate headers to combine with the Borla catback and if they would get better sound at high rpm or if this does not compensate and the best is to install a complete system Capristo ....:D

Does anyone have installed the Borla catback + Headers (What brand?)?

:thanks:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
There a few headers on the market. What you need to determine is if you want a catless header or not. In any circumstance, these will be considered "Off road usage" as the ECU captures its 02 readings from the primary cats on the headers and it will trigger a CEL.

SuperSprint, one of the world's biggest exhaust manufacturer located in Italy, makes a catless equal length header system for the Cayman Gen1 with a unique patented F1 like merge collector.

P.S.: I would like to attract your attention on how the merge collector is designed when compared to other brands who use a "shorty" design approach with their header tubes and merge collectors. SuperSprint's merge collector is as close to the flange as possible to promote the best performance gains possible!

• CNC machined head flanges, heavy duty 7 to 12 mm thick steel, heat distortion resistent.
  • Stainless steel tubes (for Cat. equipped models), or chrome plated, heavy duty steel tubes, 1,5 mm wall thickness, mandrel bent with CNC bending machines.
  • Head tubes perfectly mated to the engine exhaust ports for smooth gas flow. Length and diameter are tuned to engine displacement and powerband characteristics.
  • Joints between tubes are hand welded.
  • Slide-on type connections are machined to perfect tolerances for leak proof fitting.

If you are interested, let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts