Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to reposition and secure the drooping gasket on my Cayman's center (third) brake light. It's a sad, very visible, and annoying defect on an otherwise wonderful car. (A dealership repositioned it once while the car was still under warranty, but the gasket was out of place again by the time I got home. Now they claim it's not covered by the extended warranty, so this time I'll do it myself and try to get it right.)

I located a description of a procedure here: Cayman Center (Third) Brake Light Removal - Articles . However, to avoid damaging the expensive pieces of plastic I'm interested to hear about any additional details, i.e. intermediate step(s), of how best to remove the window surround, such as where the attaching clips are located and how best to separate the surround from the lid. Also, what's a good adhesive to use to secure the gasket.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
This is a very common issue. I had mine done once and 6 months later it started to droop again. I repositioned it without removing the plastic using various thin blade tools. So far it has stayed in place almost a year. Some one posted a while back that they used a (thicker than OEM,) self adhesive weather stripping foam with good results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts