Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cobb Accessport that TPC re-mapped for my 2014 CS. Where should I try to sell it? Panjo? Ebay? Somewhere else?

I also have no idea what it might be worth. Do you?

Thanks from Virginia.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Make sure you uninstall the map and set it back to stock before you sell it.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Like stixlr8 said, make sure you uninstall it otherwise it'll just be a paper weight. MSRP is $1295, I don't see a lot of used Porsche Access Ports but in the Subaru world they are $650 new and sell used for $500 all day long. So I'd say $1000 is a good place to start. We're a COBB dealer and pro-tuner and if you need a hand updating the firmware and installing off the shelf maps I'm happy to help out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arcflash, wouldn't it have some value to a 981S buyer w/o uninstalling it the mapping? I sold the car with the re-flash active, so I couldn't change anything on the vehicle anyway. (I hit a deer in a 90 mph turn, 5 minutes to go in the last session of the last track day of the year. After a month in a high-end body shop I drove across the street to the Porsche dealer and said, "Write me a check." I probably lost more than a few bucks doing it that way, but it had been tracked often and hard and I wanted to move up to a GT4.)

Back to Cobb. Maybe I'm truly clueless...In the box are the Accessport itself, a USB cord and a connector to the OBD. Is that the full complement of parts?

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Unfortunately it has no value if you left the tune on the car. The Access Port is "married" to your previous car and can't be installed on another car unless it is uninstalled from that car.

COBB can override this feature in cases where the dealer flashes over a COBB tune (this will let you reinstall the Access Port), but you have to show them proof of this happening.

If you're interested in an Access Port for the GT4 I'm happy to offer you a P9 discount to take a little bit of the sting out of it. We have maps for the stock GT4 and headers/exhaust. Either works with plenums.

Arcflash, wouldn't it have some value to a 981S buyer w/o uninstalling it the mapping? I sold the car with the re-flash active, so I couldn't change anything on the vehicle anyway. (I hit a deer in a 90 mph turn, 5 minutes to go in the last session of the last track day of the year. After a month in a high-end body shop I drove across the street to the Porsche dealer and said, "Write me a check." I probably lost more than a few bucks doing it that way, but it had been tracked often and hard and I wanted to move up to a GT4.)

Back to Cobb. Maybe I'm truly clueless...In the box are the Accessport itself, a USB cord and a connector to the OBD. Is that the full complement of parts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked one up in the UK for £600 2nd hand, I've updated all the files on it, it came with the COBB OTS files and also Unicorn Developments miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts