Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Correct, GTS models do not have this feature. I imagine it's installed to reduce drag and increase fuel efficiency. It's probably controlled by a combination of speed and water/oil temp. In my mind it's just another electro/mechanical nanny that adds weight, complexity and another thing to wear out and require repair. :soapbox: Looks cool though. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
13,807 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct, GTS models do not have this feature. I imagine it's installed to reduce drag and increase fuel efficiency. It's probably controlled by a combination of speed and water/oil temp. In my mind it's just another electro/mechanical nanny that adds weight, complexity and another thing to wear out and require repair. :soapbox: Looks cool though. :cool:
I hope the active flaps also protect the exposed radiators at least somewhat.:) I notice less debris collection (mostly leaves) there in my 911 than in my 981 BS.
Yeah, things that can break in a modern car are too many to fret about. I wonder what the cost will be for replacing the turbos but I don't need to worry about it for the next 4 years at least.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hope the active flaps also protect the exposed radiators at least somewhat.:) I notice less debris collection (mostly leaves) there in my 911 than in my 981 BS.
Yup, I forgot about that. I put the Zunsport grilles on my GTS. I'm not too concerned about debris as there is an opening on the side that I didn't cover that will allow me to reach in to remove anything that gets in. What did concern me was the noticeable impacts the radiators on my Cayman GTS suffered from solid objects. The radiators remained intact but I could just imagine water/steam spewing out from a major ding.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have been inquiring at dealer and contacts at PCNA for procedure to remove Air Vanes and actuators to reduce weight. Suspect this will require a PIWIS reset. Will put on grills to protect radiators. No info so far. Any help?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have been inquiring at dealer and contacts at PCNA for procedure to remove Air Vanes and actuators to reduce weight. Suspect this will require a PIWIS reset. Will put on grills to protect radiators. No info so far. Any help?
Not quite sure the time, effort and money are worth the few pounds you might save. :2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts