Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put a set of power adaptive sport seats into my 09 CS which came with standard seats. Has anyone made a switch like this? It appears they will bolt in but the wiring will most likely be another issue.

I've used the search but did not come up with anyone that has done it yet.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
You might want to read through this thread:

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...-connectors-same-heated-non-heated-seats.html

There is speculation that the wiring harness is specific to the options in the car from the factory, so if you have standard seats, it may not be wired to provide power to the other Adaptive seat functions.

I ran into a similar problem when I once tried to install heated seats in my WRX - after some research I learned that Subarus actually have different, main wiring harnesses for cars with heated vs. non-heated seats - seemed nuts to me from a cost/efficiency standpoint at the time, but Porsche and other manufacturers may do it the same way.

If you're handy with a multimeter, you might try and check the vacant sockets in the harness connector under the seat, to see if they are powered or not. If they aren't, then I'm afraid you might have a problem. (It also might help if someone with Adaptive seats could post a pic of the number of seat connectors/wires present).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KS-CS, Thanks for the reply. I did see those articles. I was just hoping that someone may have made the change and not posted the results.

My current seats have heaters so that may be a bit of a bonus. I'm guessing that the rest of the functions will need a DC source. Figuring out where to ground and where to apply 12V will be the fun part

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
manymotors,

I should have a set of adaptive sport seats next week. I'll get some photos of the seat mounted connectors and start identifying the wires in the connectors. I'm hoping someone on here might have photos of the connectors that plug into the seats.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I tried to go this route before also. I have standard powered seats...pretty close?...not. After a few calls to the local dealers, the word is they build the car around the wiring harness..."impossible" to change. Now I don't really believe that but it might be a bit of a challenging project...not sure I want to learn the pitfalls on my car!

If you have any luck with the swap please let us know! Good luck:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
manymotors,

I should have a set of adaptive sport seats next week. I'll get some photos of the seat mounted connectors and start identifying the wires in the connectors. I'm hoping someone on here might have photos of the connectors that plug into the seats.
Hi Alan,

Any luck? I too am starting to consider swapping out my Sport Seats (Memory, Pwr & Heated) for a possible set of Adaptive Sports Seats (Memory, heated, pwr).

Was your a direct exchange or ....?/
I have 07' 997.1 C4S Cab

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put a set of adaptive sport seats in my 09 CS and it was plug and play. The CS came with stock non power seats.

I later sold the adaptive seats to an 09 C4S owner who had sport buckets. Again, it was plug and play.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention that the adaptive sport seats I used were from a 2010 GT3

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took pictures of the connectors on both sets of seats. I'll see if I can locate them. If I do I'll let you know. I do remember that the connectors had BMW part numbers on both the Cayman and GT3 seats.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I put a set of adaptive sport seats in my 09 CS and it was plug and play. The CS came with stock non power seats.

I later sold the adaptive seats to an 09 C4S owner who had sport buckets. Again, it was plug and play.

Hope this helps.

I bought powered adaptive sport seats...

my car stock has the sport seats non powered

(only the backrest is powered - the rest is not. but it has heating)

my car is a gen 2 boxster FL from 09 - the seats are from a 991

but they still have a 997 part number 997 521 015 00

I just bought them - not payed or got them shipped... so trying to get info on if they will fit at all ... :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts