Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, "new" to me anyhow! Car is a 2008 base, 17k miles, speed yellow over black interior with the following options:

Sport Seats (Leather)
Preferred Package
Bi-Xenon Headlamps
3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel
Automatic Climate control
Sport Chrono
Instrument Dials Speed Yellow
Spoiler Lips Painted Exterior Color

The best part is that the factory warranty is in effect until 06/2012 which was very important for my peace of mind. Weather is a little nasty for taking pics right now, but I will try to get some posted asap. Although I haven't done alot of posting here, I have been a voracious reader for the past several months. Thanks for all the good info.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sounds great! I love speed yellow. Remember there is no"base",just a Cayman.
A Cayman is a Cayman no matter the size of the engine. So enjoy your beautiful new Porsche!:cheers:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy your new ride.
BW

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully I will have some free time and no rain tomorrow so I can take a few decent pics. I have always gravitated toward black and silver cars in the past, but this Speed Yellow Cayman had such great options that I figured what the heck! I think the interior looks really classy with the sport seats, sport wheel, chrono, and yellow gauges. The one kinda strange thing is that despite all of those other sport-type options, I have the 17" wheels which I hate. This seems a strange way to order a car, no? But at least the rear tires are almost used up, so I have an excuse to mount some 18" wheels in the near future. At least that's how I'm justifying it to myself...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats! You did good!

I like the 17's, especially come replacement time...:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great color! ;)

Enjoy!

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
:banana: Hurray for yellow!

Sounds like you got a nice one! Nice list of options. I have 18k on mine, and it feels perfectly new.
I got the base 17" wheels as well. While they do have a nice retro look to them with my color, next to other Caymans those fat sidewalls look downright odd. But the 17's ride and handle well and make the car feel lighter. Like you though, I will get some 18's in a few months when it's time to replace tires and save the 17's for a set of snow tires.

Can never have enough wheels.

ENJOY

:picsplz:

Well, "new" to me anyhow! Car is a 2008 base, 17k miles, speed yellow over black interior with the following options:

Sport Seats (Leather)
Preferred Package
Bi-Xenon Headlamps
3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel
Automatic Climate control
Sport Chrono
Instrument Dials Speed Yellow
Spoiler Lips Painted Exterior Color

The best part is that the factory warranty is in effect until 06/2012 which was very important for my peace of mind. Weather is a little nasty for taking pics right now, but I will try to get some posted asap. Although I haven't done alot of posting here, I have been a voracious reader for the past several months. Thanks for all the good info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts