Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a small pea sized ding in one of my radiators while polishing the car today.

Got some plastic gutter guard from Home Depot ($1.72), cut to size and used a few wire/zip ties to attach them to the front grills. Didn't have the 'stones' to pull the front apart and put metal GG in there.

You can easily cut and manipulate the plastic guard, get it behind the grill, with out risk of screwing up anything that wasn't screwed up before-a specialty of mine!

Not perfection, (and I'm sure some of you will be cringing), but unless you happen to by lying in front of my car-then you probably wouldn't care-you can't tell its not a stock item.

Have read here, that over heating is a potential issue, so will monitor that going forward, but for now temp gauge hasn't budged.

Tx again to the forum for all the help and guidance on Porsche's in general and Cayman's in particular.

Machog

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks great! Like it came from the factory that way. I guess I'm going to be heading down to Home Depot myself as I hate picking leafs out of the radiator!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Found a small pea sized ding in one of my radiators while polishing the car today.

Got some plastic gutter guard from Home Depot ($1.72), cut to size and used a few wire/zip ties to attach them to the front grills. Didn't have the 'stones' to pull the front apart and put metal GG in there.

You can easily cut and manipulate the plastic guard, get it behind the grill, with out risk of screwing up anything that wasn't screwed up before-a specialty of mine!

Not perfection, (and I'm sure some of you will be cringing), but unless you happen to by lying in front of my car-then you probably wouldn't care-you can't tell its not a stock item.

Have read here, that over heating is a potential issue, so will monitor that going forward, but for now temp gauge hasn't budged.

Tx again to the forum for all the help and guidance on Porsche's in general and Cayman's in particular.

Machog
Thanks for the tip. I cleaned some leaves and tiny rocks by the radiators and installed gutter guard today.

·
Registered
607 Posts
This was the first thing I did when I got my ride. The dealer suggested it. Very cheap and effective fix to what could be an expensive fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts