Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to keep my cell phone handy when on the road. I usually have WAZE and other travel apps in use when traveling.
The problem was finding a mount that wouldn't be problematical.
Vent mounts always had me worried that they'd break the vents, CD Mounts block the center screen, and suction cup mounts are too high and intrude into the driver's road view.
About 3 weeks ago I discovered these NATO Mounts. I am already using them in my ES350 and IS-F and they seem to be holding up just fine.
They are compact with an adhesive (removable) base that can fit into tight areas.
Here's how I added it to the Boxster

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Interesting, I will keep a lookout for these, up here in Canada (Amazon) they are not 2 for $30 as you mention in the video. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad you're happy with the Nato mount. Personally, I just don't like the idea of sticking something to the leather that will leave a big mark when it's removed. I've used ProClip mounts in all of my cars for years and have always been very pleased. Just installed one in my new (to me) 981. I use the "move mount" so the phone holder can be removed, leaving only the bracket. It's very clean and completely removable with no evidence it ever was installed. And either myself or my wife can cradle the phone in it without any special bits attached to the phone or case. ProClip seems to have custom brackets for pretty much every damm car or truck made. How do they do it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts