Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Cayman S, and it came with Sport Chrono & Bose, but no PCM, just the CDR-24. I don't have the money to shell out for a complete audio overhaul right now, but I'd like to expand my music capability beyond just the CD player. I have a BT FM transmitter that plugs into a 12V outlet, but the sound quality is really lacking.

I've found a bunch of used CDC-4 6 disc changers on eBay for around $100. Is it possible to get one of those and just plug and play that into my current setup? If so, what wiring would I need to accomplish that? All of the eBay listings are for the changer/magazine alone, with no supporting wiring included.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I added one to my '06 CS several years ago and it wasn't too hard a job. Not completely plug & play but simple enough. Once you have it installed you need to go to the dealer or a good shop that can program the audio system to recognize the CDC-4. The attached should also help you.

Attachments

Reactions: selshan
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.