Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a used 2015 Cayman S. It's a really good price but missing options that I'd like, specifically PSE, PTV, PASM, and Chrono package. Without going aftermarket, what's the best way to approach? Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Porsche can add the chrono package for about £800

I know this as I had it done myself a few weeks ago (out of you list this is the one that is worth every penny)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a used 2015 Cayman S. It's a really good price but missing options that I'd like, specifically PSE, PTV, PASM, and Chrono package. Without going aftermarket, what's the best way to approach? Thank you!
Welcome to the forum! Just so you know this should be in the 981 section, not 987 section... you might get better views there.

So you haven't purchased the car yet? That is good news: In a nutshell, adding Porsche factory options after purchase is generally a very expensive route to take, with this long a list I would suggest you find a car with these features and buy it!

OK has been said Chrono can be added, so can PSE for a cost but PTV and PASM will be a lot tougher and way more expensive, PTV is subtle and you would only notice it when you push the car fairly hard, you could easily drive the car for years and not even know that it is there, PASM now there is one that you could appreciate, but again not required for your overall enjoyment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PSE and the X73 suspension could also be added by a dealer or good Indy. Both would help market your Cayman when it comes time. X73 is surprisingly civil while offering tight handling; considered by many to be the best suspension ever offered for the Cayman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Porsche can add the chrono package for about £800

I know this as I had it done myself a few weeks ago (out of you list this is the one that is worth every penny)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great feedback by all...including 987 vs 981 groups - thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m thinking that the “good price” will go away once you add the cost associated with all those upgrades. You would probably be better off continuing your search until you find a car more to your liking.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
while its true that the myriad of options makes no 2 cars identical, sounds like you're looking for GTS/fully loaded type models. if you're willing to compromise, you could prioritise the options list (must have, nice to have).

I remember shopping for a fully loaded model too. In the end, I got a much simpler car can sometimes be better...lightly optioned Porsches are still great cars!

·
Registered
13 Posts
while its true that the myriad of options makes no 2 cars identical, sounds like you're looking for GTS/fully loaded type models. if you're willing to compromise, you could prioritise the options list (must have, nice to have).

I remember shopping for a fully loaded model too. In the end, I got a much simpler car can sometimes be better...lightly optioned Porsches are still great cars!
I wanted a CPO car, so I only looked at dealer inventory. Since I couldn’t find a Cayman with the options that I “had to have”, I ended up ordering a new one with exactly the options I wanted and have never second guessed that decision. Best car I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wanted a CPO car, so I only looked at dealer inventory. Since I couldn’t find a Cayman with the options that I “had to have”, I ended up ordering a new one with exactly the options I wanted and have never second guessed that decision. Best car I’ve ever owned.
Nothing beats ordering new and you should get what you want not what someone else may want later on. I find way too many in these forums overly concerned about resale value when these cars only exist for our driving pleasure and should be treated accordlngly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts