Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding the Porsche crest badge to the trunk, centered laterally and somewhere above the script Cayman S. I would like to have one the same size and colors as the one on the front. Has anyone done this? I know replacement ones have posts and are to be attached by drilling and locking in from underneath. I would like to remove the posts and somehow glue it on if I ever want to remove it.

Any experience out there? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
yeah, someone did that about 4 months ago. do a search in the mods section and you'll find it. there are pics in there as well as where they got the badge.

do your search under 'badge' or 'debadged'

Edited by - RedRocket on 08/16/2006 10:53:12 AM

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
I purchased a badge from Porsche for a 356 and removed the pin and glued it to the Ultimate Pedals foot restlike Russ's setup. I imagine the same would work here if you really want to do it although I'm too much of a purest to like the idea myself.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I believe the GT3 may use a decal version of the Porsche crest on the hood , to lower weight and reduce air resistance. If so, then this decal would have a part number and youshould be able to order it through the parts department.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts