Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything started when another car drove up sideways saying that liquid ran from my car. I pulled over and easily found out that it was coolant. I even heard a boiling sound from the engine room. No warning light was displayed and engine temperature was okey. The fans working and obvious the coolant liquid circulates. When the engine is warm, it’s impossible to open the expansion cap due it’s boiling over. (I’m aware of the problem of restoring the fluid due to vacuum, etc.). But for the moment I'm at least trying to fill here up as soon as the engine cold down after every short test heating trip. But in the end I guess I’ve to do it properly.
But parallel to this, a noise has occurred every time I touch the accelerator pedal. Just when I touch the pedal, there will be a "compressed air noise" for half a second. Sounds like a city bus stops / opens the doors. I do not know if there is suction or pressure noise but it's from the engine anyway. As a non-mechanic I can't see the connection between this cooling problem and the new noise/sound.
So if anybody have had the same suddenly boiling issue and this sound/noise or have any idea what it can be, I would appreciate any kind of feedback.

Thanks in advance// Plaincollar

Cayman S, 987:2, 2008

(The car has just run approximately 150 miles since the large service at Porsche. All coolant part should be okay).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe a leak in the coolant overflow tank or that side of the system? Runs ok but draws air/leaks when the RPM increases?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts