Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drove a 2009 boxster s last week... loved it.
i told the salesman that i still have 10 months on my car (BMW Z4M), and that i would be looking in the fall. right off the bat he offers me 10K off the boxster i just drove... a 2009 boxster S stickered at 65K. he has call twice now to see if i am interested in that car.... i am considering telling him that i would consider my car (KBB @ 22K wholesale) plus 28K.. so a total of 50K. they are obviously desperate to move the car. so, am i being unreasonable, or do i have a shot?

A

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Doesn't hurt to offer.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i drove a 2009 boxster s last week... loved it.
i told the salesman that i still have 10 months on my car (BMW Z4M), and that i would be looking in the fall. right off the bat he offers me 10K off the boxster i just drove... a 2009 boxster S stickered at 65K. he has call twice now to see if i am interested in that car.... i am considering telling him that i would consider my car (KBB @ 22K wholesale) plus 28K.. so a total of 50K. they are obviously desperate to move the car. so, am i being unreasonable, or do i have a shot?

A
I don't think it's unreasonable... Is it a new 2009? or used? and if it's new has it been the warranty been punched? Orders are already going in for 2011's and will be showing up soon.

·
Registered
444 Posts
$10k off is a good starting point. A few months ago, I bought an 09 with 33 miles MSRP $74,969 for $62,000 which is a little less than 18% off.

$50K is 23% off but its a starting point and you they will proably meet you at between $52-53K....but its worth a try. Aththat price then as a final offer when they say they can't go lower have them throw in 3M front or something in the deal for free!

How many miles on it? If it has a little on it...you might get more off.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts