Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order a sapphire blue Cayman. I wanted a pebble grey/agate grey interior but pebble grey is no longer available. I'm trying to choose between a Luxor beige/black combination or an all black interior. Porsche switched the interior to black and it looks ok with the blue. I like the combo but it doesn't go as well as the pebble grey/agate grey. I'd like to hear people's opinion between my two choices.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm about to order a sapphire blue Cayman. I wanted a pebble grey/agate grey interior but pebble grey is no longer available. I'm trying to choose between a Luxor beige/black combination or an all black interior. Porsche switched the interior to black and it looks ok with the blue. I like the combo but it doesn't go as well as the pebble grey/agate grey. I'd like to hear people's opinion between my two choices.
I have a Sapphire blue Boxster with black full leather.

I love the two tone interiors but I think the color choices offered are a bit lacking. When I ordered, I wrote off pebble/agate because the agate brown didn't go with Sapphire (imo). I wrote off black /luxor because beige.

Btw internal trim pieces should be proper brushed aluminum and, and the shifter surround should be leather.. Don't miss those options.

I could take a better picture if you have a request.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Either seems good. My 08CS was Guards with Black, my R was Carrera White with Black, my 981 C is Black with Luxor. My bias is Luxor with darker colors for contrast.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
If it were me I'd go Agate/Amber. :D

That said, if you're not quite so adventurous, I think Black/Luxor would look great as well. You can't go wrong with all black but the deviated stitching on the two-tone interiors just brings a level of luxury that you don't get with Black.

If you're looking to blow your budget, consider black with some deviated red stitching similar to the GTS packages. :D

Reactions: Kaxon and 293866

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
My vote would be all black interior with Sapphire blue. I would also get some painted interior bits to pull-in the blue color. I think the beige/black combo would be a bit too much contrast with the bold exterior color. For what it's worth, I own the black/beige interior but my exterior color is Anthracite Brown.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
For me the black/beige interior works well with the Sapphire Blue exterior. I did have the interior trim painted Sapphire Blue as well as I did not care for the standard silver colored trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I went through the same decision process. I ordered a 2014 Sapphire Blue Cayman S without having seen one in person. I did not care for the beige interior and narrowed it down to black and the orange/black full leather combo. I decided on the black and it was the right choice for me.

I realized I wanted the orange in large part for the contracting stitching on the dash. I was already over my set budget and decided the wow factor of the orange was great, but I might get tired of it as I am keeping this car. Add the extra expense, and black it was.

Now that I have black I have a hard time liking the the blue/beige combo. To me it is a proper color combo for a luxury seadan.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't like Luxor Beige. Something about the yellow cast turns me off...and I'm generally a fan of tan/beige interiors. In this case, I think Porsche has got it wrong.

My opinion. Don't flame me. :)

For a blue car, I would look to black or grey interior options.

Reactions: Kindrunnermike

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If it were me I'd go Agate/Amber. :D

That said, if you're not quite so adventurous, I think Black/Luxor would look great as well. You can't go wrong with all black but the deviated stitching on the two-tone interiors just brings a level of luxury that you don't get with Black.

If you're looking to blow your budget, consider black with some deviated red stitching similar to the GTS packages. :D
+1, black interior is boring and makes the interior feels small. If budget allows, agate/amber orange is the way to go, it's a beautiful color combo. My favorite color combo, beige is okay, looks better with red.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Had black interior in my last coupe (also black exterior). Definately felt like a cave. Loving the Agate/Amber combo, although I have the Agate exterior.

·
Registered
221 Posts
+1 on the red deviating stitching. I did it on mine (agate grey full leather interior, not black though), and I just love it. I should have done it on some other parts (not only the seats and the wheel)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Incurable Gearhead
966 Posts
Reactions: omidoo250

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think the black looks awesome, but I opted for something else because I wanted something more unique and I had it in my mind that black would attract more heat in the summer. That was of course, before I realized that, unlike other convertibles I've owned, I really don't leave this alone anywhere with the top down!

That said, I'm still glad I got my grey. Wish maybe I went for two tone, definitely wish I got the dash and shifter trim in the matching color. In any case, these are all fancy problems. You almost can't go wrong with this car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Obviously everyone likes something different, hence all the available choices. Best thing you can do for yourself is take a good look at the various interiors. We're all different but I'm sure we all love what we ended up with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As someone has said earlier color choice is personal and whatever you choose will look good. The Black/Luxor Beige is great and safe. But if you feel adventurous with color go with Agate Grey / Amber orange. I have a good friend that did this with his Sapphire Blue Cayman S and looks great. If you did this you would stand out as the are not many in this color.
The Agate Grey/ Pebble Grey option I know personally was and is an issue. Ordered the GTS with that color scheme which was approve on the build sheet. Was going to do the European Delivery. Was told way into the process they were out of the pebble grey. But eventually after a lot of me getting mad at them they managed to do that color for me. Delayed production but still went. Porsche were kind enough to loan me one of their Cayman GTS's. Mine car should be here by Nov 20. :)
Porsche will allow certain colors then stop them then after some time do that color scheme again. You may want to check with the dealer you are working with on this.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I don't like either Luxor Beige or Amber with Sapphire Blue. I think black is a good, safe choice. But if you originally wanted pebble/agate grey, have you considered platinum grey? That's what I would do, although color is a personal and subjective choice.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My pick is a black interior with the sapphire blue exterior. I am biased because I would pick a black interior with all exterior colors on a sports car.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Garnet red. Ooh-baby!

...or black...or agate grey.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the Agate/Pebble Grey interior and I think it looks great with both the Agate Grey and Sapphire Blue exteriors. I considered the Sapphire Blue but after seeing the Aqua Blue that was discontinued I decided to go for Agate Grey.
open-house-oct14-12 interior.jpg

Can you postpone your build until the interior you really wanted is available? It is hard to compromise on a car this expensive and the last thing you want to do is regret not getting what you really wanted.

Reactions: Ynot

·
Registered
38 Posts
I order a Sapphire Blue with espresso.

All my previous cars were black so I didn't want to be safe, the same, and burn during the summer. It was time for a change.

I saw a full agate gray interior and after spending 30 minutes in it, it has a slight greenish in it. Dealership did not have gray/amber.

Went with espresso because the leather felt great. Deep dark classy color. But I would've loved for a two tone espresso/beige that's available on the 911.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts